Swiss warn UBS could collapse

Discussion in 'Economics' started by IanMacQuaide, Jan 31, 2010.

1. "The actions of UBS in the United States are very problematic. Not just because they are punishable but also because they threaten all of the bank's activities," Eveline Widmer-Schlumpf told Le Matin Dimanche newspaper.

"The Swiss economy and the job market would suffer on a major scale if UBS fails as a result of its licence being revoked in the United States," she said.

Switzerland and the United States have negotiated an agreement under which UBS would hand over information on some 4,500 account holders to US tax police.

But a Swiss court ruling earlier this month put the deal in doubt.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.44ec3a3581bd2b87b081a9614648ee11.c61&show_article=1

2. Illum

Illum

"The Swiss economy and the job market would suffer on a major scale if UBS fails as a result of its licence being revoked in the United States," she said.

Just more financial terrorism. That woman should be brought up on charges. The Swiss independence is at stake. Yes UBS is scum, they should let them go and preserve their rights. I hope they don't fall for it as we did, but I suppose they will.

3. Did you know that woman in Switzerland did not have political electoral rights until the 7th of Februaray 1971 ?

4. Being in the middle of Europe as an independant state without access to the seas is not a very enviable situation... Even more when you know some Europeans thinkers way...

5. moarla

moarla

did you know that the land of freedom has not abolished until now the death penalty?

lol

would prefer to be in switzerland then in many other countrys

6. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

she is clearly delusional.
    she is without a clue.
    she is an idiot.

i hate sensationalist journalism from morons like her. it makes my blood boil. they are on the same level as jim cramer - who as least makes me laugh in his stupidity mixed with ott theatrics.

7. +1