Swiss party wants to punish U.S. for UBS probe

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by TraderZones, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Nancy Pelosi bought 16,000 dollars worth of flowers her first year as Speaker. I paid my taxes anyway. What does one thing have to do with the other? It's the law. And to let the ones with access to the lawyers and brokers skate is tragic, as well as crooked. Golf has rules. Why not let Tiger play with illegal equipment because he can afford it.

I swear, some of you guys think with your feet.

#11     Feb 22, 2009
  2. So you think Pelosi is not crooked? Letting her get away with it is not crooked?
    Are you saying that if something is "legal" is not crooked? Right. Like the bank bailout, the TARPS, the stimulus bills....

#12     Feb 22, 2009
  3. tman

tman

I would agree with you, but banking privacy is legal in Switzerland. Think of it like the USA issuing a summons for speeding on the autobahn.

#13     Feb 27, 2009
  4. Except that UBS is also operating on American soil (Chicago, NYC, Stamford, and other US cities). UBS was violating American law on American soil, intentionally trying to help Americans cheat the American tax code.

In another vein, why do we try to eradicate drugs in Afghanistan, Mexico and Colombia? Because they are a major source of the drugs on US soil.

Why did Israel strike back against rockets launched from another country? Why does Hamas go after Israel on Israeli soil?

Or if a foreign country harbors major criminals or terrorists. An attacked country has the right to defend itself. If we had limited ourselves to Afghanistan, we were much more within our rights to attack the Taliban who had major activity training terrorists in camps.

Why did Georgia defend the Russian move into South Ossetia, which was sort of Georgian territory?

#14     Feb 27, 2009
  5. I agree with this. I think the USA has every right to levy taxes on US citizens and residents who RESIDE within the boaders of the US. Taxation of non US source income for US citizens not residing within the US is morally wrong. As a nation we have reached a point where the 13th amendment and the 16th amendment are
    in conflict with each other. The massive debt being piled upon
    the up and coming generation ammounts to indentured servitude.

#15     Feb 27, 2009
  6. US taxation is paying for US citizens safety net around the world, US government has ever right to tax its citizen regardless where its citizen's residence status. No free-load, period.

On the other hand, US government doesn't has the right to spy on its citizen legal income from private banking. Private banking provides secrecy.

#16     Feb 28, 2009
  7. #17     Mar 4, 2009
  8. All of them. What do you think the fight is about?

Behind this, you have Lichtenstein, Cayman, Curacao.........this is a world wide problem, and with the Western nation approaching bankruptcy, 150 billion a year is some big dough. That, and the fact that the government is afraid we'll march on the Capitol.

#18     Mar 4, 2009
  9. #19     Mar 4, 2009
  10. They're also the slime of the earth who financed the NAZI's.

#20     Mar 4, 2009