Swiss likely to approve prescription heroin

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Rearden Metal, Nov 28, 2008.

Which system is more civilized?

1. The U.S. way: Strict prohibition laws & hard time!

8 vote(s)
    22.9%
  2. The Swiss way: YOU decide what goes into your own body, not the government.

27 vote(s)
    77.1%
  1. That's exactly what I've been saying for years (here, and on my website).

#41     Dec 2, 2008
  2. Bootsie

Bootsie

How has (or does) 'H' affect your trading... apparently it makes your writing less than acceptable?
    What kind of affect can a criminal record have on your ability to trade? I imagine there isn't one but I haven't been on the other side of the fence in a while...

B

#42     Dec 2, 2008
  3. I was on it for a year and a half, starting in Feb '07
    (and using lesser opiates consistently for three years straight before that). 2007 was by far my best trading year since 2000.

I'm not here to glamorize it though; Side effects included a completely fucked gastro-intestinal system, plus I had the libido of a 90 year old man in a coma. I loved heroin, but hated being addicted to it.

A felony conviction would destroy my professional licenses and access to prop leverage. A misdemeanor conviction would not, so that's part of the pending plea agreement plan.

#43     Dec 2, 2008
  4. All in the past tense, eh?

Scared straight, yes, that sometimes works, but odds are against it.

Only going to pattern recognition of heroin addicts, donchaknow...nothing personal...

#44     Dec 2, 2008

5. what are their more matured opinions on the matter?

I bet Jerry would like another day or two.

That shot gun blast through Kurt's head couldn't have felt good.

Rush? ... despite risking 100's of millions, might go down as the poster boy of responsible drug users in your lineup.

I am experienced, but I know people whose experiences destroyed them.

#45     Dec 2, 2008

6. brave is the wrong word , but your openness is refreshing.

but weak people should not be able to acquire such drugs, unless they are willing to spend their lives in gutters without mercy.

i spent years of my life either stoned or drunk, in fact i have a nice vodka buzz going right now. And I'm a somewhat respected citizen. At least I am completely in the black... and jonesing pretty badily. :)

#46     Dec 2, 2008

7. I read some of your site, and have to look again. That is alot of information. LDN did not help you Rearden?
    With the swiss program it said after so much time taking a heroin dose, the addict has to go to therapy, then methadone. So even the swiss program try to help the addict change his behavior. I can not speak from experience, only some marijuana for me.
    Maybe this is too simple, but add good healthy food to your diet, and when I feel sad, I get on my bike and ride outside for a long time, or listen to music, visit my boyfriend, ...distract yourself with something that gives you a high. I know not the same as a heroin high, but it might help the craving.

#47     Dec 2, 2008
  8. <b>Actually, LDN is fucking awesome!</b>
    Generally speaking, for someone coming off an H habit, the first 6 to 18 months are notoriously depression-wracked... but thanks to LDN, I've been feeling surprisingly decent (yet entirely uncreative, unfortunately.... hopefully I'll get that back too eventually.). LDN knocks out both Endorphin Deficiency Syndrome depression and Post-Acute Withdrawal Syndrome depression. It'll even kick both their asses simultaneously.

I'm the one who drew a line between two little-known theories to come up with the concept of using LDN for this purpose to begin with, but I wasn't the first person to try it. I'd been getting very encouraging feedback all year from people who liked my idea enough to try it for themselves, but in order for LDN to have any effect I'd have to not only manage to break a king-kong H habit, but also get zero-methadone/zero-buprenorphine clean. Voluntarily going through five days of hard-core junk sickness, plus another week or so still strung out until the LDN kicks in would take the discipline of a Jedi-Master... and I was merely a master-junkie. :p

#48     Dec 3, 2008

9. If a person could remember how "junk sick" they feel in the past, if for 10 minutes they could feel that pain again when they are clean but tempted to try heroin again, maybe that would stop them? But people forget how bad they feel in the past. If everyone always remember bad feelings of the past, they would go crazy.
    You are doing good now, so when you say you are not creative without heroin, instead think how you are not killing yourself anymore. I have many musician friends, and one says he thought he was more creative when he was on drugs, but when he was clean he realize he only thought he was more creative, but not really.

#49     Dec 3, 2008
  10. Bootsie

Bootsie

...appreciate the honesty.

#50     Dec 3, 2008