Swiss Janitors

Discussion in 'Economics' started by tradingjournals, Jul 13, 2011.

1. nLepwa

nLepwa

This is plain wrong both in terms of millionaires/population and millionaires/square km.

Ninna

#41     Jul 21, 2011
  2. nLepwa

nLepwa

Actually you pay less taxes in Switzerland. And you're not taxed on your wealth in contrast to France.

The highest tax rate is 35% on your salary.

If you're not a swiss citizen and your business is not in Switzerland you can apply for a tax forfeit based on the value of your house.

Ninna

#42     Jul 21, 2011
  3. nLepwa

nLepwa

Actually according to independent international audits Switzerland is one of the least corrupt countries (far less than the USA...).

It is very easy to understand intuitively... Switzerland is one of the richest countries. Rich countries are less likely to be corrupt.

Beside important governement officials (politicians, judges, chiefs of institutions etc) earn a healthy 250k CHF or $300k+.
    This leaves little room for corruption.

Ninna

#43     Jul 21, 2011
  4. nLepwa

nLepwa

1. Zurich has also been for several years in the top3 cities regarding quality of life.
    2. High suicide rate is typical in rich countries.
    3. Again, high divorce rate is typical in rich countries.
    4. Personally I prefer weather in Switzerland than in FL. I like having four distinct seasons and especially snow in winter. Skiing's not so good in FL.
    5. In Europe in general people prefer to shop in smaller shops rather than huge department stores. There are no malls (or only tiny ones in big cities) in Switzerland which is a great thing from my point of view.
    6. Laws are on part with most of Europe. Population in prison is quite low especially compared to the USA. Beside Switzerland enjoys VERY low crime rates.
    Fines are on part with salaries.
    7. I've never experienced racism in Switzerland. Have you?
    8. 85% of immigrants are from european countries. About 50% from France, Germany, Italy, Portugal and Spain.
    Why would it be a problem? (especially considering your previous point about racism...).
    9.Obviously as in any country you need to speak the local language for integration... French, Swiss German or Italian depending on which part of Switzerland.
    10. Yes and it is supposed to be so as the median salary is 2x-3x what it is in the USA.
    11. What about being a landlord? It's worse...
    Protections of tenants is very high in Switzerland and Europe generally.
    12. Mentality differs greatly depending on where you are in Switzerland.

Ninna

#44     Jul 21, 2011
  5. nLepwa

nLepwa

Seeing Switzerland's exceptional economic situation before, during and after the 2008 crisis I'd rather bet my money on the collapse of the USA (as we know them) than Switzerland.

Ninna

#45     Jul 21, 2011
  6. kandal

kandal

Correct. I think it's Singapore

#46     Jul 21, 2011
  7. nLepwa

nLepwa

Well salaries are also among the highest in the world...

Speedtraps are no Swiss classics. All of western Europe in massively putting up speed traps in an effort to reduce road mortality.
    I personally don't agree with it as I think there are better ways.

Ninna

#47     Jul 21, 2011
  8. onava

onava

I live in switzerland.. and i say.. theres worse places and better places.. but yes.. the swiss are boring, but theres plenty of expats so thats fine..( and i know a few decent swiss..

salaries.. not that brilliant.

ripping off.. oh yeah.. theres loads of it.. the swiss love money more than anything.

manners.. not heard of here.

#48     Jul 21, 2011
  9. the swiss are certainly not pretty/attractive :D
    I am still debating if their cows would beat the girls in the Miss Schweiz contest,hahahaha
    90% of the women over 35 wear short hair - either already divorced or uggly as hell - yuk.
    With the swiss men I am wondering how often they go to the dentist - looks like the Matterhorn inside their mouths.

#49     Jul 21, 2011
  10. morganist

morganist Guest

I hope your not intending on making any friends if your going to Switzerland.

#50     Jul 21, 2011