Swiss Janitors

Discussion in 'Economics' started by tradingjournals, Jul 13, 2011.

1. > over 25% of the populations are non-swiss (immigrants from eastern european countries)

You must be very bad at CH-German not being able to differentiate Italians from others.

#21     Jul 15, 2011
  2. science trader , who is obviously swiss - is trying hard to defend his Heidiland .
    Since nobody cares in the world what a swiss has to say I will leave it at that

#22     Jul 15, 2011
  3. here another pathetic swiss story regarding charges for tap water:

Unbelievably, it was actually the idea of Züri Tourismus that restaurants start charging for tap water. They recommend 2 francs for 3 dl. If I went to a restaurant and ONLY ordered tap water, I would expect to be charged for it, but if I was consuming food and other (chargeable) drinks I would certainly object. This happened recently at the Asian restaurant at Zurich Airport - eventually, after arguing that they have to put the glass through the dishwasher and pay the waiter to bring it to our table, they backed down and gave my daughter a glass of WARM tap water:D

#23     Jul 15, 2011
  4. Sorry about that. I was just answering your questions. Old tradition here to help poorly educated people from third world countries.

But as I said it, sacrificing your life so strongly to milk the cow and being able to feed your family decently is a great honor for you.

#24     Jul 15, 2011
  5. Because standard salary for a waiter here is easily north of 4500CHF. A small 2 francs coin from you to finance it. You should be able to understand the principle of welfare re-distribution as we did for you.

But I repeat it again, I am so impressed you accepted to go through all these unimaginable ordeal to support your family.

#25     Jul 15, 2011
  6. speaking of fines in Switzerland :

I just got back from the Hallenbad where my son had accidentally left his swim trunks when he had his lesson on Tuesday. We asked at the front desk if they had found them and, luckily, they had them but they charged us 2 CHF. It just struck me as funny. I've never heard of charging someone for picking something up from lost and found. Just glad it was only 2 CHF!

that is a cracker ....... a seriously funny one, but 2 CHF obviously well spend.

actually I have another story along those lines : a friend of mine left his 250.00 CHF putter during a round at one of the golf greens , he was even a member of this GC and he knew where he had left the club.
    The friendly lady in the pro-shop told him that he had to rent a golf cart for 60 CHF to retrieve his putter., It would have taken him 10min max by foot to accomplish this goal.

#26     Jul 15, 2011
  7. I am very happy your son did not end up in jail and enrolled by force to the local SS unit. My God, you must be running out of 2 francs coins now. How will you handle your next shopping from the Migros late Saturday to take advantage of late afternoon sales?

#27     Jul 15, 2011
  8. If you thought you have heard it all ....... wait ,hahaha :

A lady took her son out of kindergarten two weeks early last summer and was prepared to pay a fine. However, she did not expect her husband and herself to be fined separately. They each got a bill for 880 chf (with a different case number on his), and when they called up to clarify, they said thats the way they do it here.............. Heil,Heil mein .... I mean Hopp Suisse
    :p

#28     Jul 15, 2011
  9. to live in a snoopy country with tax evasion and money laundering next to UBS and CS has one upside :
    One can cheat on taxes every year just to blend in .
    :pHopp Schwiiz

#29     Jul 15, 2011
  10. It's good for when you are 60+ and afraid of crime and getting robbed.

#30     Jul 15, 2011