Swiss bank vs Bobby Fischer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nitro, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Didn't know that. Russian is difficult. My wife is fluent in German, Russian, Spanish and a few others that don't immediately come to mind. I do recall her stating that Russian and Chinese[Cantonese] rank high in difficulty.

#11     Aug 13, 2006
  2. Bobby is better off w/o 'em. UBS is the red-headed stepchild of the ibank world.

#12     Aug 13, 2006
  3. pretty sure that's Albert Einstein - he was Swiss-born.

I studied Bobby and Albert in depth, bottom line EQ=1/(IQ)^2

#13     Aug 13, 2006
  4. nitro

nitro

:cool: nitro :cool:

#14     Aug 14, 2006
  5. It's not news that swiss banks don't want american customers anymore, as they don't want to deal with US bureaucracy IRS, FBI, homeland security, NSA, and the like.
    You will be simply rejected for a new account if you say you are an american, and some have been closing old american accounts.
    The solution is getting a 2nd passport if you're not famous, (a Nigerian passport with "Bobby Fischer" on it will definitely not work) or just opening an account somewhere else.
    At the end of the day, Bobby Fischer is mad just because he's not getting "special treatment".

#15     Aug 14, 2006
  6. Maybe they don't want terrorist sympathizers as clients?

_____
    Fischer gave a broadcast interview to Pablo Mercado and Grandmaster Eugenio Torre on the Philippine radio station Radio Bombo in which he confirmed his anti-Americanism and his anti-Semitism (he regards USA as a power controlled by evil Jewish people). Bobby Fischer openly stated on September 11th 2001 that <b>he was happy and applauded the attacks on New York</b>, which he regarded as historically fair: "I just can't be crying about the US , you know.. All the crimes the US is committing all over the world. This just shows, what goes around, that comes around even to the United States. [...] Yes, I applaud the act. Look nobody gets.. no one.. that the US and Israel have been slaughtering the Palestinians for years. Robbing and slaughtering for years and treating everyone like shit. Now it is coming back at the US. Fuck the US, I wanna see the US wake up.." (ex-American Robert Fischer, 11S interview at: http://www.chessmaniac.com/Bobby_Fischer/fischer_interview_12092001.shtm).

In another Philippine broadcast, <b>he applauded the September 11 attacks. "This is all wonderful news," Fischer said. "I applaud the act.</b> The U.S. and Israel have been slaughtering the Palestinians, just slaughtering them for years. Robbing them and slaughtering them... Now it's coming back to the U.S."

Fischer: “You know they [Jews] invented the Holocaust story. There’s no such. There was no Holocaust of the Jews in World War II.”

When asked what he wished to do with the remainder of his life, he answered, “To expose the Jews for the criminals they are, the parasites they are, the liars they are, the thieves they are, the niggers they are .... Jews were always bastards throughout history. They are liars, they are the worst pieces of shit in the world. They mutilate their own children.”

As for the United States, it is “a farce controlled by dirty, hook-nosed, circumcised Jew bastards.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Fischer

"There is no genius without some touch of madness"

~Seneca

#16     Aug 14, 2006
  7. What an incredible douchebag. I had no idea.

#17     Aug 15, 2006
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

WTF? This is the first time I heard these quotes as well. Nitro, stand up and be heard. Are you defending this guy? Is he your chess hero Nitro? Shit, this guy makes Mel Gibson look like he is ready to run for President of the ADL. Funny, I don't recall Hollywood condemning any of these quotes or even mentioning them. Hmm.....

#18     Aug 15, 2006
  9. I had heard he was a moonbat, but these are the first articles I've seen confirming it.

#19     Aug 15, 2006
  10. nitro

nitro

Fischer's anti-semitism is well known. It is a vey ugly part of his personality. I consider it a travesty that he had some experience that has warped his mind to believe that he can make generalizations about an entire people from whatever experience he had. Fischer is not the first biggot I have ever met.

I am a chess player. Fischers' chess has an internal logic and a pursuit of truth that is very beautiful. While I do not forgive him for his personality, I separate the man from his chess.

Outside of his strong bigotry, I think that his life continues to be interesting as a person, as witnessed by the story in the links I posted. When he starts rambling about the Jews, I just click the ignore button.

If Mel Gibson made another movie that I thought was good like "Braveheart", I would go see it. There is similar controversy over Wagner :

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/anti-semitism/Wagner.html

I listen to Wagners music too.

nitro

#20     Aug 15, 2006