Swiss arrest Polanski on US request in sex case

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drjekyllus, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Now Polanski wants them to release him on bail. Gee, he wouldn't be thinking about jumping bail and running back to France or anything, would he?

#21     Sep 28, 2009
  2. Really, was Polanski an evangelical man? How about Michael Jackson? Rob Lowe?

#22     Sep 28, 2009

3. Statistics...:D
    Seems the liberals are more willing to clean up their mess than the conservatives or evangelicals.
    Remember the catholic priests?

#23     Sep 28, 2009
  4. Do you care to cite any of these statistics?

Liberals don't clean up their mess. They rationalize the crime. Its what liberals do.

#24     Sep 28, 2009
  5. Yeah, how about this STATISTIC . . .

You posted 17 times on Sunday.

You obviously have no life.
    Loser.
    :D

#25     Sep 28, 2009
  6. I see my stalker is back.

#26     Sep 28, 2009
  7. When it was said he "raped a 13 year old girl" I reflexively thought it is a kind of "rape" that occurs when a school teacher sleeps with a 16 year old, i.e statutory rape. In this case it was "real rape" plus her age was even lower than 16 so it is kind of a sex offender situation. It was an oversight on my part. The point I was making is that the crime committed was a long time ago and the victim settled with him on a civil level and does not want him to go to jail. Nobody on this forum can claim to be more traumatized than the victim herself.

As for idiot jerkulus, polanski did not live "a life of luxury" he had a tortured life, before the rape and after.

#27     Sep 28, 2009
  8. jem

jem

While it may have been a joke - I would like to point out that many if not most Catholic Priests in the U.S. are liberals. I would bet that most of those child molesters were far from conservative.

#28     Sep 28, 2009
  9. Conservatives male are indeed more into "rent boys".

#29     Sep 28, 2009
  10. g222

g222

quote from publix

Publix, publix, publix, publix ... publix - - - forgiveness by a victim may indeed affect the severity of the punishment but certainly does NOT relieve the perp of any and ALL punishment for his crimes. Please!!! How many times have we read of well-meaning mothers who have forgiven the murderers of their children ( so that they can indeed get on with their lives). So would you then release these murderers with just a "you better behave yourself from now on, or else..."?? The crime was commited against a person and a law of society was broken and for that a debt is due.

And please explain ... to what extent was polanski's a life of torture ... and just what does that have to do with the rape of a child??? To where does my life's misery gravitate that my RAPE OF A CHILD becomes tolerable, forgivable, or any other -able except punishable???

#30     Sep 28, 2009