Swingtrading with options

Discussion in 'Options' started by trader1974, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Overnight

Overnight

Anyone of us can trade 10-figure positions on our left gonad if it had a reflective viewscreen on the sack. It's all about our comfort zones. You like i-Pads? Fine, it works for you. I want monster screens and desktops. When I get to be like that e-trade dumb teen, I'll think about Apple products, because then maybe I can afford them.

(And by the way, what is up with your profile pic? Did you change it recently? I do not recall it looking like Kevin Bacon on the set of a Mad-Max remake.)

#31     Nov 6, 2019
  2. destriero

destriero

AH hahaha. That was taken at the con-agency in Barranquilla when I was at State. It was significant as it was the last pic taken (pre digital) before I got really (physically) f*cked up. Short hair now.

#32     Nov 6, 2019
    Overnight likes this.
  3. trader1974

trader1974

Why?

#33     Nov 6, 2019
  4. destriero

destriero

I got so much ass in Colombia that I'd need to use scientific notation to express it. =)

#34     Nov 7, 2019

5. Trade call spreads. You take on 1:1 risk for canceling premium, but it's a way to cancel premium.

#35     Nov 9, 2019
    trader1974 likes this.
  6. ironchef

ironchef

My head is spinning, stomach churning. :vomit: I need an aspirin. :(

#36     Nov 9, 2019
  7. Pkay

Pkay

Would you be looking at buying OTM calls with at least 90 DTE.

#37     Nov 10, 2019
  8. Pkay

Pkay

When you say buy naked options do you mean buying calls and puts?

If so, what is the strategy that you use? I'm thinking of buying calls on stocks I think will make a decent move up. The idea is to buy a slightly OTM option with at least 90 DTE.

#38     Nov 10, 2019
  9. .sigma

.sigma

I'm curious why 90 DTE?

I would never buy premo with that much theta, unless I'm hedging something.

But yes that's what he means, buying calls/puts, depending on you, you either buy ITM/ATM/OTM, overall ATM is your best bet, but even better might be verticalizing that naked call/put into a debit vertical spread.

#39     Nov 11, 2019
    Pkay likes this.
  10. CannonTrading_Ilan

CannonTrading_Ilan Sponsor

I would probably use futures with options as risk mgmt.
    Example going short gold while buying a call option rather than a stop and possibly selling a put if the market goes my way nicely enough. No perfect solution and each method has + and -

#40     Nov 11, 2019
    BlueWaterSailor and trader1974 like this.