Swingtrading is better than intraday.

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by TTT, Jan 19, 2019.

1. schweiz

schweiz

I can only speak from my own experience. I build only one system, and after a lot of problems I got it where I should be. My initial idea was very good but very difficult to put it in a working and manageable system. That's what caused for me a lot of problems.
    So I never had other systems that might, or might not, have crashed. Systems that crash after a short time are just proof that the initial setup was wrong. I invested a lot of time in understanding the market, developing the needed logic. So I did not immediately start to program or test indicators, like most do. A good preparation is (more than) half of the work.

I never studied swing trading so have no idea about relevance of testing period.

I compare it with Tesla versus German EV's. The Germans will from start have a much better product then Tesla had initially as the preparation is far better. Tesla was more a trial by error. The Germans fully develop and test profoundly before producing. So risk of bringing a bad product will be much lower for the Germans.

#61     Jan 22, 2019
    murray t turtle and Nobert like this.
  2. qlai

qlai

I remember reading some article where a trader said that unless you have two or three strategies that are proven to work, don't even think of quitting your job. I thought it was crazy, but now I think it's very true. Or at least have some other source of income. I was thinking to trade at the open ... do ubereats at lunch ... trade the close ... lol.

#62     Jan 22, 2019
    Nobert, cvds16 and TTT like this.
  3. Nobert

Nobert

:D

#63     Jan 22, 2019
  4. cvds16

cvds16

it turns out I was one direction short as today PA proved. So it's a five dimensional model, just like my options used to be ...

#64     Jan 22, 2019
  5. %%
    Could skip volume; but since its related to liquidity many times,I like it.[reg hours].IBKR had good price charts but volume was WAAAAAY off; they may have that fixed by now......:cool::cool:

#65     Jan 24, 2019
  6. qlai

qlai

#66     Feb 14, 2019
  7. Nobert

Nobert

Great channel choice. This was the place, that got me into trading at first place.

Coincidence, today, back from the work, best demo trade so far, 1 day & 4% up.

If not for the interview in this channel, i would see those 4%, maybe, in a quarter or more . ( with ,, Value investing '' )
    Screenshot (4).png

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    #67     Feb 14, 2019
  8. %
    Exactly, that is why some use channels, mercury/gravity. Deer tend to go up mountains, they see + smell better that way.BUT they like red ripe apples or green winter wheat early or late And they will change patterns when they see, smell hear hunters patterns..LOL+true

#68     Feb 17, 2019