Swingtrading is better than intraday.

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by TTT, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Nobert

Nobert

If you would have to write a reverse, list like that ( like TTT did ), with multiple, ,, negative '', points, how it would look like, could you give a short example on that ?

#51     Jan 22, 2019
  2. maxinger

maxinger

• Swing trading is much less stressful than day trading.
    --->
    • day trading is much less stressful than swing trading.

#52     Jan 22, 2019
  3. cvds16

cvds16

it's a personal thing: I myself find daytrading much less stressful than swingtrading. To come up with a good system for daytrading is however much more stressful.

#53     Jan 22, 2019
  4. Nobert

Nobert

:D thanks.

#54     Jan 22, 2019
  5. qlai

qlai

One of the positives for day trading is the time needed to see if you got edge. Assuming you are active and use proper money management, maybe a month or two. For swing and higher, you need years. We have had ten years where buying the dip and HODL worked ... was that an edge?

#55     Jan 22, 2019
    cvds16, Nobert and schweiz like this.
  6. schweiz

schweiz

Didn't you tell me a few days ago that 1,000 trades in 2 years were not enough for a daytrader? :confused:

#56     Jan 22, 2019
  7. qlai

qlai

It's like 2 trades a day, no? So yes, would need more time than two months, imho. Didn't you change it to two decades?

#57     Jan 22, 2019
  8. schweiz

schweiz

I tested on 2 years data, but trade already 2 decades the same system. And results are like they showed in the stats of the initial tests. So the 2 years test with 1,000 trades was relevant enough I think. 1,000 trades are, to me, in daytrading enough as I traded all kinds of markets. Trading intraday by only going long would have given far worse results, so the argument that we are already years in one big long is not valid. I think I had almost as much shorts as long in that test.

#58     Jan 22, 2019
  9. qlai

qlai

And for every system for which 2 year sample is enough, there are 10 which turn to crap trading live, don't you think? I wouldn't be surprised if you had some of those during your research years. In any case, what do you think is relevant sample size for swing trading?

#59     Jan 22, 2019
  10. Nobert

Nobert

Never thought that way. For real, obvious.

With my demo and paper journal to reflect, via scalping attempts ect, i did, for the past 6 months, on avarage, 800 trades a month.

Now that you mentioned this, a memmory came from chat with traders channel interview, about guy who went long before the .com bubble, in a fact, all of their members/traders ( prop firm maybe ? ) did the same as well. When the bubble bursted he realised that his ,,strategy'' ( buyn the dips ) was nothing but an illusion and* for 2 yrs or so, he couldn't be profitable, he almost reached a point where his wife told him ,, darling, you need a job''.

Thanks qlai.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    #60     Jan 22, 2019
    qlai likes this.