swing trading strategies

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by TraderNewb, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Hi All,

I work a normal job during the day so I can't day trade but I was wondering what other traders use for strategies for swing trading stocks/options?

I'd like to find a way that makes consistent money. Thanks!

2. 95% or people lose money, so assume that what 95% of people recommend to you doesn't work. Somehow, even losing traders think they have much to say.

3. Trade the doji's.....the doji's tell all. If you can read the doji's.... life is good. Consistent money.....doji's are your answer. Doji's speak to the people. People speak to the doji's. Doji's = consistent money. Trade the doji's.......... an enjoy a life of freedom. :D :D :D :D

4. Dear newbie,

After reading your posts......i hope you do not take my doji comments as ridicule...as i really do trade them. But ...for the discussion..............here is something that you maybe interested in......this is only an idea about how to trade Goldman.........run a backtest on GS ....with a stochastic RSI: Level Cross 14..14....1 .75 .25 long entry...long exit. ( forget short entry...exit for this trade ).......over the last 2 years......20 trades/19 winners.......what more can i do for you ???????????? Will it work going forward.....who knows........just to let you know that with enough work.......even a blind squirrel can find an acorn. Wish you well.

5. Forgot to mention......the trades are driven only off the opening.......( done on the daily chart ).....so easy to swing trade. hope this helps.

6. Can you be more specific? At 260 pages AFTER having "closed" a second chapter, it is anything but transparent. And from what I heard about Jack Hershey methods, I have seen nothing promising.