Swing Trading Journal by Point Hunter

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Point Hunter, Dec 30, 2007.

1. BRS- buy above 59

• brs.png
      File size:
      28 KB
      Views:
    #21     Dec 30, 2007
  2. PACR- buy above 15.35

#22     Dec 30, 2007
  3. Thats everything on my watch list for now. I have buy/sell stop orders for each stock and will re-assess the charts daily. Usually, many of the stocks never end up triggering.. i will update the watchlist daily and let you guys know which trades end up getting executed.

So a total of 15 setups- with 13 of them longs and 2 shorts.

#23     Dec 30, 2007
  4. None of the setups triggered today. I am removing/adding a few stocks from the watchlist and will update w/ a new list shortly.

#24     Jan 1, 2008
  5. Hello, I think you will have a lot of problems with retest of break line = stop hunting. Big boys do not leave us with profitable positions. You need have big balls with larger stops or you need entry on retest what needs again a big balls (the falling position can activate and end immediately after on stop that needs to be large in such situation) if you are not watching it live.

Moreover, there are terrible drops from hopefully looking setups out of regular hours (and so through stop) remember CROX, DISH, LDK, GRMN to name a few.
    One such drop negate half dozen of profitable positions as minimum.

I do not know how it lookd by other but since October are working for my swings just short positions.
    I am not able get run longs, I am always stopped out. Up to August the situation was quite opposite - longs were working well and shorts were nearly always stopped.

Moreover, during last time it looks to me specially by triangle and wedge breaks that situation is usually opposite like it looks - if you expect break from bullish wedge you will get one day stop hunting to the upside and than it will fall down like stone.
    I think big boys-MM- algorithms - banks needs small traders money even more than usually. :)

Swing trading is risky now, I prefer it to daytrading but carry overnight positions during past monts feels very uncomfortable for me. I believe I am not alone.

Happy New Year there.

#25     Jan 1, 2008
  6. Thanks for the insight.

Lets see how well this method really does. I am trading live money and will post my performance daily.

#26     Jan 1, 2008
  7. Here are the updated setups:

LONGS:

CLB - buy above 126

SYNA- buy above 41.75. Not my typical setup but it might bounce off the 200ma. Looking for a quick 3-5% profit gain.

TGIC- buy above 10.61

HOS- buy above 47.35

MDR- buy above 60.61

CXO- buy above 21.50

ECA- buy above 69.60

EAC- buy above 34.60

TDC- buy above 27.80

BRS- buy above 59

PACR- buy above 15.35

CTX- buy above 26.80

YRCW- buy above 17.80

CPA- buy above 39

ILMN- buy above 62.50

CVX- buy above 95.20

TRN- buy above 28.76

RHI- buy above 27.72

SHORTS:

APOL - short under 69.50

IHS - short under 60

SINA- short under 43.50

#27     Jan 1, 2008
  8. I adjust the trigger list every day.. based on the daily price action. Sometimes I remove stocks from the list after one day... and sometimes i leave them on the list for 7+ days.

Many of them never get triggered.. usually in a directional market I tend to get a lot of triggers. Remember I am usually looking for 5% gain... thats where I start to scale out my gains. I usually adjust stop to break even and then let the stock run... it all depends on market action and how my overall portfolio is doing. When market is moving strong directionally and I have most of my positions on the right side.. I tend to let things run because my method makes most money in a strong directional move.

#28     Jan 1, 2008
  9. I got executed on a few trades.. will update soon.

I want to add CFC to the buy list above 9.27

#29     Jan 3, 2008