Swing trading Book

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by mr_byte31, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Hi All,

I think I need to read more about swing trading. I made some searches and find that
    Alan Farley book's seems to get high recommendations.

I found he is the author of both books :

[​IMG] [​IMG]

do anybody know what is the difference between them and which one shall I start reading first ?
    if you have a better book to recommend , Please let me know.

2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Read one tomorrow and read the other the next day.

Heck, I'm glad you didn't ask for "cliff notes". Also, check with your local library...they may be free to check out.

wrbtrader

3. deaddog

deaddog

What do you hope to get from a book that you can't find with Google or YouTube.

4. tomorton

tomorton

I have Master Swing Trader but not the Toolkit.

Alan Farley's writes in punchy one-liners. He gives a great picture of some swing trading entry tactics but I found that taking these literally leads you to become bogged down 5 minutes later in fine details and unable to ever replicate what he's doing. Probably better to use the book for inspiration and to inform your own, simpler strategies using his principles.

mr_byte31 likes this.
  5. Yes, personally I found some good swing trading books but also used the advice, setups in the books as guidelines and tailored them to my own style and trading. These were good for my education and learning.

Long term secrets to short term trading by Larry Williams

Street Smarts by Linda Bradford Rasche.

General advice - read as much as you can on trading and money management. Even if it doesn't suit your style it will give you great all round knowledge of how the markets work, and will develop and find and finetune your own trading personality and strategy. Best of luck

Alfing and mr_byte31 like this.
  6. tomorton

tomorton

Yes, Street Smarts is great for ideas.

7. The problem I have much books now on the TODO list.
    I wish I can read them all but I have to be picky now to see which book I shall prioritize !

8. I used to commute to the trading floor where i worked in London and you will be amazed how many books i finished just on a short 30 minute train ride into London! Try and set yourself a dedicated time to read for say 20 minutes a day (or more if you can). You will fly through the books and reading a bit a day you will aborb all the new information better.

#10     Aug 26, 2018
    Rajeev, tommcginnis and tomorton like this.