Swing Trader (PA+TA)

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Aphex, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Aphex

Aphex

I’ve been a long time reader on ET and finally decided to start a journal, mainly in order to rationalize my own ideas and gain insight from other members.

I’m in the software industry and do consulting for a few IT niches. I started investing about 10 years ago, doing some on my own, but mainly handing over my money to midsize-large investment firms, who’ve done a mighty fine job of losing it for me. About a year ago I decided to become more involved in managing my equity and have been going through the learning process since.

I’m concentrating on becoming a successful short term swing trader, but I do occasionally take intraday position trades. I mostly trade equities/equity options, but will mix in futures trades. Mostly I rely on price action and price action patterns, but I do glance at a few moving averages, CCI, and MACD.

My equity/futures universe contains around 2500 symbols, and I screen multiple time frames daily with my own custom software. After I’ve gotten some results, I manually screen these and will plan out my trades for the following day.

As of right now, I think my biggest problem is being spooked out of positions before they hit my stop loss, just to have them move like I had expected. My biggest goal for this month is to stay in predetermined levels.

2. Aphex

Aphex

I'm looking at AGCO, ATI, CEG, UPL, BXP for tomorrow.

Watch list for next week:
    AVB, KSS, AVT