Swing/Position Trades

Discussion in 'Journals' started by dgabriel, Mar 13, 2002.

1. Stopped out PNRA 66.01 - .49

Will look to re-enter. At 20 ema, but 50 ema has been rock support.

The worst thing one can do is walk away from a stock if it does not work out first time. You have to keep watching it.

#101     Apr 18, 2002
  2. Babak

Babak

agree, after yesterday's speech I am thinking we'll party like its 1998...although in a different sector of the economy. Greenie apparently has a bubble fetish, if not stocks, then real estate.

#102     Apr 18, 2002
  3. NVLS long 500s @50.86. Tight stop.

Reason: Gap closure, technical rebound.

Bears won out on NVLS Rosy outlook.

Market is chop soup.

#103     Apr 19, 2002
  4. dgabriel,

Nice call! Were you just watching this stock or did you pick this up with a scanner?

Mike

#104     Apr 19, 2002
  5. I was watching the stock, as it has had a lot of attention lately.

#105     Apr 19, 2002
  6. I have found that the first 2 days of the week are often my best days and I am not surprised why: I have had the weekend to reflect on the market and have had ample time to study charts and current events. So I wish to air some observations and hope to stimulate some further discussion and feedback. It seems that ET has a lot of good minds and maybe we can meld them into a more powerful weapon for us all.

Here are some of the stocks that I have flagged for further review this weekend and I list them here because they exhibit different chart patterns:

BA: Getting the crap kicked out of it. Double top behind, but a little late to short. What's interesting is the daily pattern of the last 2 months recapitulates to some extent the weekly pattern of the last 2 years, which is a massive inverted H&S with a double top. On a weekly scale it is not too late to short but I haven't the patience to operate on a weekly scale.

NVDA:
    I think still good for a short and the long term trend line is around 29-30, at which point heavy buying might emerge again like it did the past 2 times

MER:
    Inverted C&H. I would short at 48.40 to be aggressive or 47.55 to be conservative with an initial target of 46.50. If Monday is an upday for this stock then I would re-adjust the entry point.

AGN:

Runaway with a spinning top. Ideally a pullback for a few days could give a good entry, but if that doesn't happen,watch how it challenges 70 where there is solid resistance.

FRX:

Broke down from its shelf and I would look to short it on a pullback.

ESRX:

I was long 60.11 today on this and scratched the trade when I had to leave for the morning. I tried to get back in at 61.35 but was interrupted again and cancelled the order. Now I know the next time I get in its going to reverse on me. It has broken to a new 52 week high and is technically and apparently fundamentally sound and a pullback at least on the hourly charts might offer a good entry.

EBAY:
    In a nice pennant formation. Today it had heavy volume with a large range and close toward the top of the range. There is no clear cut entry point but it looks real good for a long, maybe over today's high.

FVB.
    Momentum pullback and today was the day to enter.

FHRX.
    Enormous volume, broke out of a 2 month base, and closed below 200 dma, but above all short term MAs.

YHOO.
    No particular pattern, just a dog stock buried by enormous overhead supply.

#106     Apr 19, 2002
  7. where the hell is your cumulative P&L??? what good is all this without a P&L?

#107     Apr 19, 2002
  8. I will begin that Monday, pussy.

#108     Apr 19, 2002
  9. Dearest Brother Pussy,

Please give Brother Gabriel a chance to ponder upon the format of his P&L presentation this weekend...

Thank you,
    Candle

#109     Apr 19, 2002
  10. No trades today in the vein of this thread (swing/position).

Beginning with the next postion taken, I will maintain a running P&L of open and closed trades. I will post the trade to ET as soon as practicable after I confirm the trade, along with any comments and targets/stops.

#110     Apr 22, 2002