Swine Flu?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Sikhinvestor, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Bullish, it would seem!

#21     Jun 11, 2009
  2. Dude, I have been all over the government using this as an excuse for various forms of intrusion since day one. I have also highlighted the WHO using this scam to obtain funding from world governments. Believe me, Obama was the first guy they called and begged for cash. It really has to do with lining their own pockets while the governments get to pass all kinds of new laws to deal with the "crisis". Its a win-win for the WHO and the world governments.

#22     Jun 11, 2009
  3. 2ez

2ez

NIH is looking at NVAX VLP technology. the funds have been increased from $1.5bil to $7bil+ for a vaccine. NIH provides funding to Pharm companies.

Democrats close in on war funding agreement
    By ANDREW TAYLOR

Associated Press Writer
    Capitol Hill Democrats are closing in on agreement on a war funding bill that's now likely to cost taxpayers well over $100 billion with the late addition of more flu-fighting funds and money to subsidize new car purchases.

And, under a compromise revealed by House and Senate aides Wednesday, detainees held at the Guantanamo Bay prison could be transferred to the U.S. to face trial but not to serve their sentences in this country if convicted.

An official House-Senate negotiating session was scheduled for Thursday, with votes in the House and Senate expected next week.

The ever-growing measure is now expected to contain $7.7 billion in flu-fighting funds instead of President Barack Obama's original $1.5 billion request. Negotiators are also eyeing $1 billion for a new "cash for clunkers" program that aims to boost new auto sales by allowing consumers to turn in their gas-guzzling cars and trucks for vouchers toward the purchase of more fuel-efficient vehicles.

The core of the measure remains funding for military and diplomatic operations in Iraq and Afghanistan that would bring the total approved by Congress for the two wars above $900 billion. The must-pass measure, however, has been caught in Capitol Hill's crosscurrents.

It appears that House liberals opposed to a Senate provision to block the release of new detainee abuse photos are now likely to prevail. That earned a blistering retort from Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., who co-authored the language in question and agrees with Obama that release of the photos would whip up anti-American sentiment and threaten U.S. service members.

"I think it's one of the most irresponsible things I've heard of," Graham told reporters. "They don't have our troops' back."

#23     Jun 11, 2009
  4. My Brother in Law died Tuesday of Swine Flu. Early 40s, big, strong man. No health problems prior to this. None. No drugs, no booze during the week, a few beers on the wknds.
    It was horrible seeing him turn so purple when his heart stopped..."Code Blue" was called out (he was in a CCU at a local hospital)..they got a heart beat and a little blood pressure...they were trying to hook him up to dialysis...the creatine levels in his kidneys were causing "acidosis" in his lungs, shutting down O2 levels in his blood.
    Then another Code, then a 3rd. They asked his wife if it'd be ok if they stopped...said his brain had been w/out O2 for too long..she said yes, stop. ( he'd been intubated on a Ventilator but his lungs just couldn't do it anymore even with help)
    His family (he had no children) watched most of this. I must say, I was awe struck seeing those health care warriors do battle with death.
    They gave it everything they had. Male nurse straddling him on the bed doing CPR, jumping off when they tried a Defibrillator....Sodium Bi-Carb injections...
    Death won.

#24     Jun 11, 2009