Swine Flu...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bond_trad3r, Apr 25, 2009.

1. do 15% infected people die each year from flu? if i remember correctly the first case was documented on april 13 and now it crossed to multiple countries. it spreads fast, our only hope is that it turns out to be less deadly than originally reported.

i sure hope it will turn out to be nothing. i am in the same danger as anybody else if this shit is real.

look it maybe already in the middle east:

Israeli suspected of having swine flu in Mideast first
    AFP - ‎29 minutes ago‎
    JERUSALEM (AFP) — In the first suspected swine flu case in the Middle East, a 26-year-old Israeli man has been hospitalised upon returning from Mexico on...

#31     Apr 26, 2009
  2. bpcnabe

bpcnabe

In a related story, Homeland Security Secretary Napolitano today blamed the entire incident on disgruntled Iraqi vets for spreading this virus.

#32     Apr 26, 2009
  3. U.S. officials say the public health emergency is a precaution. Americans are told to prepare for outbreaks but not to panic.
    By Jim Tankersley
    11:06 AM PDT, April 26, 2009
    Reporting from Washington -- Federal officials today declared a public health emergency involving human swine flu, warning Americans to prepare for widespread outbreaks now or in the future, yet urging them not to panic.

i guess i am not the only one worried...

#33     Apr 26, 2009
  4. I predict massive profits from global drug companies for this "global" crisis. [​IMG]

And loss of our freedoms when Big Brother attempts to introduce new, harsh, laws upon the whole world. "for our own protection"

I've hard that 6000 people were killed in Mexicos drug war last year. And yet people still vacation in mexico and willingly pay to visit this cesspool

Get back to me when 6000 people have died due to this flu...

You are far, far, far, more likely to be struck by a car today...
    [​IMG][​IMG]

#34     Apr 26, 2009
  5. I have the flu right now.

#35     Apr 26, 2009
  6. zdreg

zdreg

what do these #s represent?

#36     Apr 26, 2009
  7. This graph sucks. Please tell us what the Y axis represents and what do the letters mean. Without those, this graph is useless.

#37     Apr 26, 2009
  8. these are #articles published with keyword: swine flu.

i think the count new articles on a given date. i copied it from news.google.com page but i dont' have the url. at one point news.google decided to show me this chart as i was searching for the flu articles. they must have a separate query to get various news charts.

#38     Apr 26, 2009
  9. zdreg

zdreg

i tried using advanced news search to determine the # of articles but resultsdon'tseemrightas the last fewdayeach show 15000 articles

#39     Apr 26, 2009
  10. Wallet

Wallet

Cases now reported in Canada, New Zealand & Israel

#40     Apr 26, 2009