Swine Flu...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bond_trad3r, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Black king is in trouble?????

Obama’s Visit

The first case was seen in Mexico on April 13. The outbreak coincided with the President Barack Obama’s trip to Mexico City on April 16. Obama was received at Mexico’s anthropology museum in Mexico City by Felipe Solis, a distinguished archeologist who died the following day from symptoms similar to flu, Reforma newspaper reported. The newspaper didn’t confirm if Solis had swine flu or not.

#11     Apr 25, 2009
  2. I doubt it will hit our country as bad as mexico. Mexico has a "Socialized" health care system. So, watch the death tolls rise in Mexico, compared to Zero Deaths in the US at this moment.

Im in San Antonio TX, Mexico is a 3 iron from here. Two cases were reported. However, Resturants are packed, Streets are packed, Malls are packed, and Fiesta, downtown event is at Record compacity.

So, much for the PANDEMIC in Mexico. We have a real health care system. No worries on my end.

Do the math all you super star trading genius's on this site. Now how many people live in Mexico city. How many people have been 'Infected" that are reported...then look at how many people have died (60) so far. Hum.mmmmmmm. could it be .0000001% of their population, even with their shitty medical industry.

I bet the OBAMA fans are lov'n this story.... QUICK rush to National Health Care because the SWINE FLU will destroy our population if we dont!!!!!!

I can here the debate on capital hill now!

This is all bullshit....another distraction away from the truth.

#13     Apr 25, 2009
  3. Actually BAXTER INTERNATIONAL just scored BIGTIME.........Mexican government is going to buy a bunch of their flu vaccinations. :mad:

Create the PROBLEM and then swoop in with the SOLUTION......what a sick game. :mad:

Yes indeed, the wondrous Baxter International is at it again............. http://www.infowars.com/baxter-product-contained-live-bird-flu-virus/

http://www.infowars.com/vaccines-as...axter-vaccine-materials-sent-to-18-countries/

So what lovely "cocktail of poisons" are they going to be injecting the Mexican population with this time??? :eek:

#14     Apr 25, 2009
  4. spindr0

spindr0

It won't matter what kind of health system anyone has if there's a Pandemic outbreak of a lethal flu. There's not enough vaccine or antiviral meds to deal with that. But fortunately, so far it has been much ado about almost nothing.

#15     Apr 26, 2009
  5. Cutten

Cutten

I thought with new strains of flu, the whole danger is that there *is no vaccine*. Vaccines require exposure first, so it would take a few months (or more) to develop one.

#16     Apr 26, 2009
  6. Wonder if this flu causes a cytokine storm in your body like the Spanish flu did, that's why so many young, otherwise healthy people died from it. It caused your immune system to just go absolutely wild, the stronger your immune system, the stronger your symptoms and seemingly your chance of death from it.

#17     Apr 26, 2009
  7. First the drug wars and now swine flus.

Montezuma's revenge against his own people for selling out to yankee imperialism?

#18     Apr 26, 2009
  8. NoDoji

NoDoji

NVAX popped from .81 to 1.93 after hours on Friday. They stand out from the others listed above because their patented technology allows large quantities of vaccines to be developed in a matter of weeks instead of months. Their human trials have been highly successful with no adverse effects. They are in touch with the CDC regarding this recent outbreak.

"These vaccines leverage its virus-like particle (VLP) platform technology coupled with a disposable production technology. VLPs are genetically engineered three-dimensional nanostructures, which incorporate immunologically important lipids and recombinant proteins. Novavax's VLPs resemble the virus but lack the genetic material to replicate the virus. Its production technology uses insect cells rather than chicken eggs or mammalian cells. The Company's product targets include vaccines against the H5N1 and other subtypes of avian influenza with pandemic potential, human seasonal influenza, Varicella Zoster, which causes shingles, and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV)."

Disclosure: Long NVAX

#19     Apr 26, 2009
  9. Frostie

Frostie

Watch the ban on hog import/exports come into effect in the near future if this outbreak doesn't clear up quickly. There me be a major impact on processing plants as well.

#20     Apr 26, 2009