Swine Flu stocks?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by plan, Apr 25, 2009.

1. GNBT,
    VICL,
    SVA,
    CRXL,
    HEB,
    DVAX,
    NVAX,
    BCRX,
    SVA

#11     Apr 26, 2009
  2. Long USD against the Mexican Peso, hombres.

China is also the largest hog producing nation in the world. What that means to you is a totally different story.

If there's a wide campaign of invetory cleanup/disposal, short corn, make money.

#12     Apr 26, 2009
  3. taodr

taodr

Another payday in the making for Al Gore. His venture capital firm is heavily invested in swine flu vaccines as well as Global warming money making schemes. Wow, what a week for Al, huh? And look who he’s connected with this time; Donald Rumsfeld.)

by Alex Haislip, Reuters

The swine flu outbreak is likely to benefit one of the most prolific and successful venture capital firms in the United States: Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Thomson Reuters Private Equity Week reported on Friday.

Shares of the two public companies in the firm’s portfolio of eight Pandemic and Bio Defense companies — BioCryst Pharmaceuticals (BCRX.O) and Novavax (NVAX.O) — jumped Friday on news that the swine flu killed a reported 60 people in Mexico and has infected people in the United States.

The World Health Organization said the virus appears to be susceptible to Roche’s (ROG.VX) flu drug Tamiflu, also known as oseltamivir, but not to older flu drugs such as amantadine.

[read the rest here]

“Rummy (Donald Rumsfeld) was Chair of the Board of Directors at Gilead Sciences until named to the Bush cabinet and, like [Vice President Dick] Cheney, still has ties that bind to the ‘old company.’ Now isn’t it an ‘amazing coincidence’ that the drug Tamiflu patented by Gilead Sciences is being pushed by the National Institutes of Allergies and Infectious Diseases as the NUMBER ONE choice for flu...

MAKES YOU WONDER .........................

#13     Apr 26, 2009
  4. Here is a pure spec play for ya; buy BAX 20 min. after open, sell 20 min. before close. (4-27-09)

#14     Apr 26, 2009
  5. I think this thread encapsulates why most traders lose money.

You waited until TODAY to get a list of swine flu stocks? You should have been buying Friday.. stocks like NVAX went up 75% already, thanks though, I'll sell 1/4 of my position to you.

#15     Apr 26, 2009
  6. LOL

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

#16     Apr 26, 2009
  7. I'm certainly not going to chase stocks like NVAX, up 138%, or GNBT, up 44% but I still believe other "Swine Flu" stocks still have a lot more upside. Why? Because most traders/investors were to busy reading through Geitner's stress test to notice these little piss ant penny stocks surging on huge volume.

I think it is fair to say that most people, traders/investors included, did not find out about the outbreak until today, Sunday, and because of that on Monday "Swine Flu" stocks should go up. Would any one here disagree that these stocks won't pop tomorrow, I'd like to hear your bear side of the arguement?

This is why I'm buying DVAX tomorow, it's "only" up 23%. It put in a nice "V" pattern after a long downtrend, followed by what looks like a cup-and-handle pattern (saucer pattern). It trades 247k on average.

#17     Apr 26, 2009
  8. Short EWW if you can borrow the stock. Buy puts if you can't.

#18     Apr 27, 2009
  9. zdreg

zdreg

why don't u start the discussion?

#19     Apr 27, 2009
  10. Money.

#20     Apr 27, 2009