Swine Flu: At Least 1 Million in Just U.S. Infected; Higher % Being Hospitalized.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Jun 26, 2009.

1. i just stay home and wash my hands 10 times/day - have not caught it yet.

the only thing that worries me is that some day i will have to leave the house and will have to deal with the highly virulent fall/winter version.

#31     Jun 26, 2009
  2. the1

the1

ROTFLOL. That's a way to fucking tell him but dude, perhaps leave his mother out of this. All she did was give birth to the bastard :mad:

#32     Jun 26, 2009
  3. We had family members travel on a plane recently - to Nevada.

Our primary care physician said it doesn't matter regarding travel now - it's in huge clusters in every state (at least lower 48). He specifically told me they had a notice from the CDC regarding this, and that they are considering discontinue testing in some areas, because the % of swine flu is so high it's not of any utility. We may be among the last tested in our area.

When I asked him if we have immunity now, he told me it depends if this mutates when it hooks up with the seasonal flu this fall and winter.

The nurses all told me this is the busiest summer flu they've ever seen - with numbers exceeding some winter flus.

Just like Ian said, a lot of healthy people are getting hit harder than others with this, and the only thing you can do is use disinfectant wash like Purell and wash your hands a lot. Do not touch your face, mouth, rub your eyes or nose.

The numbers are large enough now that you're bound to get exposed no matter what if you live in most states - in any public area.

#33     Jun 26, 2009
  4. thanks for the info. Do you think taking a lot of vitamin C or other vitamins to boost your immune system would help prevent you getting it? If you're exposed to it but your immune system is strong enough, will it not have a chance to become full-blown?

#34     Jun 28, 2009
  5. Illum

Illum

They are talking about three stages in flu vaccines for Oct. A series of shots with waiting in between to allow the body exposure and to build up before next shot.

#35     Jun 28, 2009