Swine Flu: At Least 1 Million in Just U.S. Infected; Higher % Being Hospitalized.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Ahh, your post reminded me that we were also prescribed something to break up the congestion - Entex PSE.

We also had the wet cough but it wasn't severe.

#21     Jun 26, 2009
  2. #22     Jun 26, 2009
  3. Doc, he was the 2nd person to die with Swine Flu in Alameda County, CA.
    The local TV news reported that he had "previous chronic health
    problems."
    Bullshit. I knew him, and he might have had a hangnail, but that's it.
    It started just like ByLo said, scratchy throat, fever, etc.
    He went to his Dr. TWICE, and once to the ER cuz it kept getting worse.
    No one bothered to Xray his lungs, or test for any flu, period.
    They gave him antibiotics for a sinus infection.
    The 3rd time he went to his Dr., it was too late. Dr. made him go to ER again, ER Docs admitted him to hospital, Hospital put him on a ventilator and sedated him with Morphine, and 7 days later he died. The Hospital nurses AND Doctors called him their "Mystery Patient", cuz they couldn't figure out what was wrong with him.
    God Almighty people, ya'll got advanced degrees dontcha?
    His 1, (ONE) test he had for Influenza type A came back negative, so they just gave up on him.
    Thru a series of events I'm not privy too, the State got involved and sent fluid and tissue samples off to CDC. Sure enough, CDC called the State back with a confirmed positive result for H1N1.
    He was 40, 2 weeks shy of his 41st birthday, a bit overweight, never drank hard liquor, no drug use of any kind, never smoked.

Ya'll wash your hands a lot, use those alcohol moistened towlettes on your buggy at the grocery store, and practice sterile procedure in a public restroom. Wash your hands before you touch yourself, then wash your hands again when you're thru, and use a paper towel to open the door. If there's no trash receptacle near the door, tough shit, throw the paper towel on the floor.
    I do.

I"m very happy to read that the others here that contracted this flu strain are happy and healthy today.
    You are all very fortunate.

#23     Jun 26, 2009
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Are you that short guy in the photo carrying a bag on his back?

#24     Jun 26, 2009
  5. Nope.

I'm the guy in the window 20 stories up in that plush flat you can't see, cognac in hand, looking down upon you, in real and symbolic terms.

#25     Jun 26, 2009
  6. If that's all true I'd be calling a good Malpractice Lawyer.

#26     Jun 26, 2009
  7. Interesting you'd say that Doc.
    A certain person who works for a "govt. entity", shall we say, said, to my face, and I quote: "CDC and W.H.O. are clueless about H1N1, and the initial test for Influenza type A isn't trustworthy".
    Influenza type A is the over-arching test for H1N1, ("Swine Flu")being a subset of said type A.
    So I can't really fault the hospital for their protocol on treatment, however, the initial physician's failure to X-ray (CT scan, what the hell ever) is, to me, a definite catastrophic failure and at least a partial causal factor in the patient's demise.
    But that's just mho.

#27     Jun 26, 2009
  8. :D

#28     Jun 26, 2009
  9. buylosellhi, do you know where you caught it? I'm wondering if avoiding crowds would help prevent it...i.e. going to the supermarket when it's not crowded, avoiding public gatherings, sports stadiums, etc.

#29     Jun 26, 2009
  10. Wow, sorry to hear that.
    I live in the Bay Area as well.
    My condolences.

#30     Jun 26, 2009