SwiftTrade Campus

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by amanda, Feb 14, 2006.

1. That's the point. Where else can you become a stock trader with NO EDUCATION? That alone will attract so many people to contribute to swifts bank account.

-Kastro

#41     Mar 15, 2006
  2. well i have an education.....finance degree.........i work with guys that have Masters degrees......and i work with guys that only have high school educations...........and oddly enough those degrees dont make those people better day traders than those without.....at least that is what i have found in my experience.......lol...and there is nothing an uneducated person cant learn about trading from all the wisdom and sharing that goes on in this fine website! :)

#42     Mar 15, 2006
  3. amanda

amanda

i only lost 80 bucks today, but the manager there was so upset about it

#43     Mar 30, 2006
  4. kwancy

kwancy

come work in my branch, my branch manager is cool..
    besides, all the traders always want a girl to be around in our branch.
    haha..just kidding, he should know that losing money is normal because he is/was a trader too..but make that loss valuable and analyze how you can avoid the same mistake or make the loss less. I suppose your stop out at beginning should be $50, so maybe it is that your branch manager is mad at your because of your poor risk management.

#44     Mar 30, 2006
  5. I am making a few assumptions such as:

Your probably trading 100 shares.

Your probably trading slow moving NYSE stocks based on L2 and the ES futures.

Your trainee stop out is 50 bucks.

(these could be wrong so let me know)

So how exactly did you manage to lose 80 bucks? How long does it take you to make 80 bucks back? Our manager always tried to preach 'staying in the game', risk management keeps you from being stopped out so you have more oppourtunity.

#45     Mar 31, 2006
  6. GGSAE

GGSAE

What like picking arbitrary stop loss exits...how many times did i hear this at swift "when it goes vs you 3 cents ya gotta get out" LOL

#46     Mar 31, 2006
  7. When your picking arbitrary entry points i think they kinda go together. Its not like trainees are making calculated chart-driven entry's based on anything. In my experience what you quoted is not a great way to make money as a trainee, i prefer no losses, commision only.

#47     Mar 31, 2006
  8. GGSAE

GGSAE

Yeah when learning the delicate skill of credit trading the dimes and nickles...my comment was more in reference to the trading skill (or lack thereof) the manager has (at least the one i traded at). I would rank him at the bottom in the office in trading ability and i would probably bet it's comparable to lump other managers in there.

#48     Mar 31, 2006