SwiftTrade Campus

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by amanda, Feb 14, 2006.

1. newb

newb

Is it possible to get into an ibank after a stint at swfittrade?

#11     Feb 15, 2006
  2. Hahahahaha

You should have to pay top dollar to be in the same room as mnx. Lord knows I would ;) Campus is great. If you want to see how the american markets actually move, its a good learning experience. And, as usual, it's the people who can't make a dime who bitch and moan about how swift sucks. All the platforms suck. It's just that swift is the biggest, hence, the biggest turnover, and the most losers. Voila.

S

#12     Feb 15, 2006
  3. lescor

lescor

Do you mean they made $500k for the company and kept 1/3rd of that for themselves? Do you mean these guys are making $100k/month for themselves, or is that before a profit split?

#13     Feb 16, 2006
  4. The Hamiton guys are making that amount. I don't work in that office but I know. However, the turnover rate at Swift Trade is high and the Hamiton results are abnormal. There are plenty of losers at Swift Trade who don't make the cut and whines like a baby wah wah....

I would give it a try. You got nothing to lose since all losses are covered by the company. If you tried and failed, don't feel too bad. I observed that approimately 4,5 people out of 10 can make the cut.

#14     Feb 16, 2006
  5. Hows things get out of control.Yes the Hamilton branch DID make that much but once again they couldnt keep what they where doing a secret anymore .Now we all know HOW they made the money and we all do it, CAN YOU SPELL MILINIEUM.Thanks and keep up the good work Swifities.
    momo

#15     Feb 16, 2006
  6. Graham80

Graham80

I have absolutely no experience, and no training, but am interested in becoming a trader. I was thinking of applying at Swift because I don't know of any other options right now. And help of where I could start looking? I don't mind starting at the bottom, as long as there is the opportunity for advancement. Any help is appreciated. TIA

#16     Feb 17, 2006
  7. "CAN YOU SPELL MILINIEUM." you mean MILLENNIUM? LOL
    Ironically, NYFIX is much easier to spell. I know because I had to go to NYFIX.com to get the correct spelling for millennium. :p

Also, I wouldn't say we can all do it. I have three different strategies for nyfix but no one will tell me what that marco scanner thingy is really called or where to get one or even what cpu language I need to know to write one. I was hoping it was java script :) and not Java:confused: but hey for all I know its written in DOS.

#17     Feb 20, 2006
  8. Learn on your own! You will get raped if you put up a bunch of cash at a prop firm with NO experience!

Swift U is just another way for them to get more money out of nieve traders.

-Kastro

#18     Feb 20, 2006
  9. aktrader9

aktrader9

Actually, I work there and really its a great experience. You don't have to put any money down, they take the losses, so that makes it a much safer way to learn than opening your own account (which is very costly). I would recommend it to anyone with an interest in this business.

#19     Feb 23, 2006
  10. tradin33

tradin33

With no experience and no training, then Swift is probably your best option. I don't know of any other firms out there that will let you start trading without risking any money yourself. Probably about 90% of the people that try prop-trading, are "NOT" successful at it. That's just the reality of the business. So it's better to find out as cheap as possible if it's meant for you. I know a lot of people out there bad mouth Swift. But you will also find that most of those people are part of the 90% who never made it and they are looking to pass the blame. I worked there for over 2 years and have now moved on to better things, but it was a great place to start a trading career. I hope this helps.

Cheers

#20     Feb 24, 2006