Swift Trade

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Kaya, Apr 24, 2003.

1. X$Trade

X$Trade

I guess everyone should find out for themselves. Everything has its tradeoffs and every person has their own personal threshold for what they would be willing to do to achieve a desired end.

Obviously enduring the situation at Swift is acceptable for some or they would have no traders. I agree with your last post Discipline and good luck to Kaya the guy who started this thread if you do in fact take a position at Swift!

X

#21     Apr 26, 2003
  2. Good point! Kaya good luck in whatever you endevour!

#22     Apr 26, 2003
  3. Discipline:

Doing the right thing is usually the best thing but as in most rules, there are exceptions ... in my opinion, Swift is one of those exceptions. Every once in a while three lefts works better then a right.

Thanks for your response, you made the thread interesting.

#23     Apr 27, 2003
  4. Kaya

Kaya

Thanks everyone for your responses.

I don't care what anyone says, ET has great boards...

as for me...well...I'm taking the job at Swift for several reasons, mostly because I bought a multi unit building about a year ago and used up most of my free cash to secure the financing...then I lost my stressful, thankless, corporate job 2 days b4 x-mas. This was a gift.

But, I'm broke and need the grub stake to get in the game properly again. I also find trading from home a little dull with my $10000. I use IB and they restrict the number of trades I do daily, which is a big drag. I've been trading for over 10 years on and off, mostly options, and won and lost several small fortunes over the years. I think I'll have a strange appreciation for my new surroundings in the persuit of my passion... Swift may not have the 'best' system, the 'best' deal, or the 'best' management. But I can't look this gift horse in the mouth
    Good Luck to all Kaya

#24     Apr 28, 2003
  5. Zino

Zino

Hope everything works out for ya. With your experience you should make the contract in no time. If you need any help or info, don't hesitate to PM me. I'm at the Ottawa office.
    Ciao

#25     Apr 28, 2003
  6. As a former trainee at the Vancouver Swift, I'm happy to hear you're going for it. Best wishes for success!

DNAJ65000

#26     Apr 29, 2003