Swift Trade vs. Brite Trading convince me which is best...

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by bruins1, Jul 17, 2009.

1. I was hoping to just sit back and enjoy the "debate" but nothing Don says annoys me more than this chestnut. It is so incredibly misleading.

So what you are saying is that those traders that make it to profitability stick around with you a long time. All well and good. But it speaks nothing to how many traders you churn through that never make it. The casual reader might very well infer that you have a less than 50% failure rate, which we both know is not remotely the case.

It is the most misleading thing you post on these boards and you've been called on this very same statement before. So I don't get the feeling this is an honest mistake. I think your compliance officer needs to be paying more attention.

#31     Jul 18, 2009

2. two completely different business models.

if you have a proven strategy that is not based on low commissions, than Bright is the place to be because of good leverage overnight. saying that you already must be a successfull trader and 25k or whatever you put down is not a big deal.

seems that outside of FNYS, swift is the only one out there at the moment with access to multiple international equities markets. depending on your trading style that might be a better deal even with much lower payout.

#32     Jul 18, 2009
  3. So you backed away from the deal by marketing your company over and over again and backing away from your previous statments. I have nothing against charles and peter beck I think both of them are tremendous business people. They are so good they don't have to come him and defend themselvs everyday on this board. Their busines sucess speaks for them self. People leave Swift for payout reasons. If Charles and Beck caved in places like Title and WTS would have no need to exist. But they didn't, and that's why Swift is the best place to start and has been for the last 8 years. For some its good after for others its good somewhere else. Many stay as the like the atmosphere the office manager and access to other markets.

As far talking to you I will pass, if I wanted to talk to someone I can't stand I would just call my ex-wife. LOL I heard from many people who met you it's a waste of time.

#33     Jul 18, 2009
  4. OK, not sure what that response was about, so I'll just let the previous posts speak for themselves. It just really hurts me to see such hostility, I wish you the best. If at some point you want to chat, private or otherwise, I'll be here...no feelings hurt or anything resembling being upset with you, we are who we are, no big deal.

And to the poster who said something about 50% success rate, not at all. My historicals show that, unlike all business ventures where 90% are gone the first year, over half our new people are here the second year, we lose more after that. My point about the long term traders is more directed at firms that claim to offer something we don't....since they can choose to go anywhere they choose.

Anyway, had a ball with my grandson at the car displays today... he's only 4 but was especially drawn to candy apple red corvette.... "that's my boy" LOL.

What a great day...family is so important... gotta take some time to enjoy them.

All the best,

Don

#34     Jul 18, 2009
  5. Sent you an email. I was politely asked not to swift boat you...

#35     Jul 18, 2009
  6. fxlmnop

fxlmnop

Swiftmike...why don't you talk to Don and bury the hatchet...or at least explain all the hate...been reading all these posts and can't seem to find why there is a grudge...I'm in TO and know guys who have traded at swift...they say it's a good place to start..but not a real long term place...and guys who have went to Bright and enjoyed their time there as well...anyway...good weekend to all.

oh ya...my first post so be sure to be skeptical etc. I lurk..not interested in posting as I trade during the day...weekend I read posts.

#36     Jul 18, 2009
  7. Awsome. you are so busy and so cool for us mortals to grace us with your amazing presence. When I read your post I went down on my knees, offered my blessings to all the directions (north south east west) then to Mohamed (PBHU) and then to you.

#37     Jul 18, 2009
  8. Ah, geez...thanks for the email, and let me assure you that I said nothing to ET or any moderator about any of this. I feel perfectly comfortable discussing anything with anyone.... over the years, I have prided myself on going from "boardrooms to bar rooms" to meet and chat with anyone about anything.

Heck, over the years, these types of threads have brought a lot of interest, some good, some not so good.

The reason I first came to ET, so many years ago, was because a new "competitor" (underlings, not owners), were actually paying traders to steal Bright Traders, actually paying them...so (whoda thought?), they started posting all sorts of lies about my brother, my family, my Firm, and getting really personal.

So, I joined ET, without an alias (heck I'm "donbright" on AOL, yahoo, and virtually everywhere else...for 20 years or more)..... to simply refute the lies...without seeking retribution or anything. The really funny thing that happened, is that, by doing all that, we ended up nearly doubling the size of our Firm in the next time frame, due in part from our presence here.

I know full well, that everything I post is scrutinized by Regulators, so I make damn sure I don't "lie" or bs anyone here. Sure, I'm proud of our Firm, I'm proud of the traders we've helped over the decades, and I actually enjoy the Cyber Neighborhood we enjoy here. And, yes, I am a positive type person, who sees the glass half full.... and I also fully realize that Bright Trading has some who don't like us, for whatever reason, but the positive feedback we've enjoyed far outweighs the the negative.

FWIW, I have also, without fanfare or self promotion (believe it or not), gone to the wall for many traders from other places who have run up against the "dark side" of trading firms etc.

Anyway, Mr. Swiftmike, I, too, have a few ex wives I can call for abuse, so let's just part as gentleman, or look back and laugh over a beer at some point. Life is too short for negatism, IMHO.

And, to all the rest of you, check out Swift, WTS, and whoever else is in Canada, Echo, Assent, and whoever else may be left in the U.S....we'll be here.

(hmm, probably one of my longest posts, LOL).

All the best,

Don

#38     Jul 18, 2009
  9. I was silenced, you are a sponsor after all unlike crook Simon Liberati from WTS. all the best...

#39     Jul 18, 2009
  10. GGSAE

GGSAE

I didn't say you had to be a successful trader, the point i was trying to make was in reference to whoever said that swift had a better profitability percentage of traders. Obviously you get all types in this business but the average bright trader treats trading more differently than someone at swift.

I'll give them marks for expanding to other markets but conversely it's a firm that tends to limit creativity. I could show them a consistently profitable and effective overnight strategy with very reasonable risk yet i guarantee they wouldn't even listen.

#40     Jul 19, 2009