Swift Trade Manila Branch, a few questions...

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Tleilaxu Mentat, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Yes, thanks. I'll try to give updates if I can. That is really my main objective, to learn without having to pay for the training and to have an opportunity to trade without using my own money :D.

#11     Feb 19, 2007
  2. interesting... I've never heard of a swift office doing that... Let's see how it works out... are you in Kuala Lumpur?

#12     Feb 19, 2007
  3. Manila, Philippines, not Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia :cool:.

#13     Feb 19, 2007
  4. sorry bro... I suck in geography :(

#14     Feb 20, 2007
  5. GGSAE

GGSAE

Ah okay, that makes a little more sense.

#15     Feb 20, 2007
  6. birdman

birdman

it's not too closely related, but let me ask ...

if a Philippine citizen opens an IB account from Manilla, must he still be subject to the sec daytrading rule?

i'm guessing yes, but what say ye

#16     Feb 25, 2007
  7. Anyone who could answer my questions from Swift Trade Manila, or any of the other two branches in the country? How long have they been operating here, if they already have 3 branches? I thought they were still relatively new here given it was only last month when I first came across their ad in the newspaper. How many employees do they have now? TIA.

#17     Mar 10, 2007
  8. Jean-Luc is the head of the Manila branch I believe. He was a trader in Quebec City back in the days. Good guy. Unfortunately, I can't tell you much more about that particular branch as it most likely is different from mine which is based in Canada.

#18     Mar 11, 2007
  9. Okay, thanks. Good guy in the sense of being nice/ethical/etc. or good in the sense that he's proficient at trading/training people?What is the standard practice at Swift Trade branches, is there some sort of "subsistence wage" while still in training or is it entirely based on how much net profit you could manage in 6 months? What objective needs to be reached in order to "graduate"? Also, what is the %payout before & after "graduation"? Thanks again.

#19     Mar 13, 2007

10. I did not receive any wage other than my % payout, which starts out at 35% here. We graduated when we reached 2000 in a month. This will usually take anywhere between 2 to 6 months, but most do it in 3-4.

#20     Mar 13, 2007