Swift Trade in Richmond hill

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by giralgo, Aug 7, 2009.

1. SERIOUS? the mississauga office is down?
    ah...

#31     Mar 21, 2011
  2. Are you sure Mississauga office is closed? I talked to someone from their office at the old location in Summer of 2010, the guy told me they were moving to a new location, but not closing down.

#32     Mar 22, 2011
  3. It is closed down for sure same as London Office. It was under the same management.

#33     Mar 22, 2011
  4. you are a hired trader there in the mississauga branch?

#34     Mar 22, 2011
  5. fanews

fanews

Why did they close the branch.

#35     Mar 22, 2011
  6. I used to work at Mississauga office, yes. It was one of the best offices back in 2008. So sad.

#36     Mar 22, 2011
  7. hahahah i was one of the trainee there...

#37     Mar 22, 2011
  8. What does this mean for the Richmondhill office?

http://www.financialpost.com/news/financials/targets+Swift+Trade+head+Beck/4492578/story.html

Canada’s largest capital markets regulator has accused the operator of former day-trading powerhouse Swift Trade Inc. of numerous “significant” breaches of securities law.

In a 21-page statement of allegations filed on Wednesday, the Ontario Securities Commission claims Peter Beck, the “directing mind” of Swift Trade, operated the multinational securities day-trading business “with a culture of regulatory non-compliance.” This exposed trading partners and the capital markets to “potential harm.”

The OSC accused Mr. Beck of using a complex, repeatedly changing structure to impede regulatory oversight of the group’s trading activities.

According to the regulator, Swift Trade expanded from a single office in Toronto in 1998 to a group operating from 190 offices around the world in locations including China, Russia, India and Panama. In 2008, the firm traded some 22 billion shares on global markets with about 4,500 unregistered traders.

#38     Mar 29, 2011
  9. @.@ you are serious?......
    so maybe later they will say day trading its illegal?

#39     Mar 29, 2011
  10. How do you get in touch with the Richmond Hill office to apply? There is no email or form to fill out to contact them. I found a phone number for them, but it's not listed on their website, so not sure if it works or if it would be appropriate to contact them on it.

Thanks in advance.

#40     Apr 10, 2011