Swift trade-how much capital?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by l2tradr, Aug 9, 2007.

1. l2tradr

l2tradr

A quick question, which I haven't been able to find the answer to through a search:

How much capital will Swiftrade allow you to trade with once you have proven yourself? Does anyone get $500,000+, is that normal, too much, can you get more? A million?

Thanks in advance.

2. There is no limit. Tons of people have several million, up to 10m+

3. l2tradr

l2tradr

Really? I must say, that is a surprise...esp given the fact that they're not responsible for losses out of pocket...

4. Minetoo

Minetoo

Think again.

5. l2tradr

l2tradr

I thought they don't require traders to deposit any money. Am I missing something?

6. Datradr

Datradr

they dont... if u lose alot of money... I believe u are not responsible for the cash...prob get fired...but that is about it..

You should be more worried about how to make money and not if u are required to pay it back in case u suck!!! lol

7. l2tradr

l2tradr

Haha, I agree...the reason I ask is because I hear new traders start off with 30-40K of capital, which is obviously not enough to make a living if trading unleveraged and have to pay out half of what you make...

EDIT: Minetoo, I'm still waiting for your answer when you get a chance...it seems to me that you're implying that you ARE responsible for the losses, and my limited dd tells me otherwise.

8. Datradr

Datradr

did u think u would walk in the door and start with 1 million??? Get real... they start u off around that... once u have "graduated" and proven yourself u will be bumped to atleast 150K.. and 200-300 shouldnt be a big problem...but you have to earn it!!

9. l2tradr

l2tradr

No, I didn't think that at all. I even mentioned in my first post on this thread that "once you have proven yourself" part. I just wanted to know what the top traders can trade with, ie what's the maximum one can realistically expect to trade with PROVIDED that you have proven your success.

10. FCCT

FCCT

Just an aside, be sure to ask for more BP after a good day. For some reason branch managers don't like it when you ask for more BP and higher risk after being shutdown. haha

#10     Aug 9, 2007