Swift Trade Canada/Hong Kong

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by kwancy, May 3, 2006.

1. kwancy

kwancy

Thanks Matt, really appreciate someone supporting of Swift.
    I do want to learn more from the other branches, and I believe the possibility to make money is there.

#11     May 4, 2006
  2. jerryz

jerryz

what is the "10% chinese paid out scam"?

#12     May 4, 2006
  3. kwancy

kwancy

Instead of 35-60% paid out, the minimum paid out for branches in China is 10%. Say a trader makes ~ 8000 USD, his paid cheque will be 800 USD, which is not that bad considering the living standard in China (not city). However, everything is paid by the branch manager including entitlement and charting. This is a controversial issue discussed on ET before. A partiy condemned the ethical on discrimiation, the opposite party argued the paid-out is strictly business.

#13     May 4, 2006
  4. jerryz

jerryz

i only understand 85% of what you're saying.

you are in China right now. in China, the maximum Swift payout is 10%, but in other countries, it is around 35%. you are trying to get out of Swift and find a job in Hong Kong or Canada. is this correct?

#14     May 4, 2006
  5. He's in Canada right now.

#15     May 4, 2006
  6. what's wrong with the swift location in HK???....too many buck goos around??? hard for the big head to concentrate???:D

#16     May 4, 2006
  7. B1010

B1010

I don't understand how swift can do this and the trader make any money. I'm not knocking swift i just don't know much about them. Are you paid from your gross profits? what i mean is are you charged a commission per share... then left with net profits, and then Swift takes a cut?

#17     May 4, 2006
  8. kwancy

kwancy

Traders take a portion, 35% min. in Canada and 10% min. in China of the NET income from proprietary, after clearing and comission fees. But all trading capital is provided by the company including in-house training.

#18     May 4, 2006
  9. B1010

B1010

So you still pay a certain amount per share or ticket charges before Swift takes their cut???

#19     May 4, 2006
  10. kwancy

kwancy

Yes, Swift claims not making any money on execution and I do believe we have very low charge as well. But majority of the profit on the net profit from proprietary trading goes to Swift, split between the branch manager and the owners of Swift.

#20     May 4, 2006