Swift Montreal Closing?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by mtl_trader, Feb 14, 2007.

1. If there is one thing experience in business has taught me it's this, 'SWEET DEALS' most often end up leaving you with a SOUR taste in you mouth!
    If it sounds 'too good to be true' , it is, or will usually prove itself to be in a short amount of time. The universe requires balance, just like the markets. Things that are out of balance are unsustainable and usually correct themselves. That's it, nothing further :D .

Auto

#31     Feb 28, 2007
  2. Well said Auto.

#32     Feb 28, 2007
  3. 777

What are the basic ideas to liquidity trading?

What happens when a liquidity trade quickly run the wrong way?

Are the Swift Traders really the best at this?

#33     Mar 7, 2007
  4. To my knowledge, not many Swift offices specialize in credit trading. But those that do, do it really well :p

Of course, NMS changed the game overnight, so we'll see what happens in the next few months.

All I can say is there's a lot more gross profits (as opposed to credit profits) being made in the credit trading game than 2 weeks ago.

#34     Mar 11, 2007
  5. true.

#35     Mar 11, 2007
  6. 7-2os

7-2os

"Sweet deals"

Can anyone explain why profitable futures traders in montreal get 70% - 80% splits, and stocks traders at best get only 50%...

:confused:

#36     Mar 12, 2007
  7. - Transitioning from stocks to futures isn't easy and takes time, especially if you were a rebate trader.
    - Futures firms charge much higher overhead fees than stock firms in Montreal as far as I know, and though $1,500/month may not be much to traders who can rake in +$10k/month, it makes a difference to many, if not most stock traders.
    - IMO 70-80% cut makes prop futs trading unattractive compared to using IB or TradeStation unless you need someone else to finance your buying power or you like the office setting.
    - The Law of Inertia

Hmm, do you work at Saxon? Just asking after having seen your previous messages.

#37     Mar 12, 2007
  8. 7-2os

7-2os

I interviewed at Saxon some time ago... they are setting up a stock team but are only looking for experienced traders with proven P+L to head it up..

#38     Mar 12, 2007
  9. speedyj

speedyj

Swift Montreal is alive and kicking with yes, Sammy behind the wheel. I know - I helped him set it up. The other Quebec based offices are also open and operating under their own auspices.

Anyway - back to the ballgame...

#39     Apr 5, 2007
  10. Woz2000

Woz2000

Is this the same Peter Beck that was an analyst for RBC and was flogging dot bomb stocks like Basis 100 during the gold rush???

#40     Apr 5, 2007