Swift changing the deal

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by momo trader99, May 26, 2005.

1. Do you know where I can find a spec sheet like they use in commerial real estate?

#61     Jul 13, 2005
  2. what do you guys think of trading futures at swift?

#62     Jul 27, 2005
  3. mnx

mnx

there's a profit split so it's probably not the best place to trade futures... (if that's all you plan on trading...)

mnx

#63     Jul 28, 2005
  4. why is it not the best place? you incure no risk at swift trade other than no income. wouldn't it be a good place to learn? what other places do you suggest?

#64     Jul 28, 2005
  5. landboy

landboy

If their "style" of trading matches yours, I would definitely do it. If you want to scalp a couple contracts a few hundred times a day, Swift is for you. If you want to swing overnite, forget it.

And if you want to learn without risk or pay, why not paper trade?

#65     Jul 28, 2005
  6. well you have the potential for income whereas paper trading does not. also, just like paper trading, there is no capital risk. trading futures takes a lot of money. why not have a company provide that for you?

#66     Jul 28, 2005
  7. mnx

mnx

if that's what you are looking for (trying it out without any risk, then swift would be a great place...) i just assumed you were somewhat experienced...

mnx

#67     Jul 29, 2005
  8. thanks man. no i'm not experienced. i understand that you can lose a lot of money in the futures. a bad idea for a beginner.

i assumed that you said that swift trade is a bad place to trade futures because there's another firm that may offer a better profit split

#68     Jul 29, 2005
  9. mnx

mnx

yeah, or you could trade them through a retail account...

as far as trading futures at swift, it is very difficult because you are only allowed to lose $50 in a day before you get shutdown... that means a fixed stop loss of 4 ticks... So like it was said above if you want to scalp 100's of times a day then it's a good place... If not, you'd better develop the best entry points ever known to man...

mnx

#69     Jul 29, 2005