Sweet tooth or fat tooth?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Toonces, Jan 22, 2004.

Does food preference affect dietary beliefs?

1. I have a fat tooth and believe in low carb

6 vote(s)
    24.0%
  2. I have a fat tooth and believe in low fat

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  3. I have a sweet tooth and believe in low carb

8 vote(s)
    32.0%
  4. I have a sweet tooth and believe in low fat

7 vote(s)
    28.0%
  1. Huh! And I always thought that a quinoa was a member of the rodent family, not unlike a hamster. Do you suppose that if it ran quickly it would qualify as fast food?

#171     Feb 28, 2008
  2. T-Dog,
    Technically, I believe it is classified as a vegetable, but I have to do some more reading :D

#172     Feb 28, 2008
  3. yes, I have had quinoa. It is a grain...and has the most amount of protein for any grain. I think its delicious! I cook in chicken stock than sautee with fresh garlic, chopped tomatoes and onion and salt and pepper to taste. Its similiar to cous cous in size and texture. It is smaller than rice. Lots of fiber and protein and you use your imagination and add anything you like to it depending on your personal taste. You can eat it cold in salad too. Ok hope that helps.

#173     Feb 28, 2008
  4. T-dog, quinoa does have a leafy part that some eat as vegetabel as you say. But it is not commonly available like quinoa in the bag or box at the supermarket. The boxed quinoa is the seed of the plant. So yes, it could be considered a vegetable if you eat the leafy part. I have not seen this part in the US supermarkets though.

#174     Feb 28, 2008
  5. So much angst about fats, carbs, calories, assessing the exact nutrient value of every item in your diet. Something is wrong with the paradigm here.

Realising that is the first step.

#175     Feb 28, 2008
  6. How you treat your body in your earlier years is how your body treats you in your later years. I think it's interesting how some people are more concerned about the oil they put in their car than the food they put in their bodies.

#176     Feb 29, 2008