Sweet Deal: Time to Short Sugar

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by saliva, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Even so, that doesn't mean they can't lose money. Remember the Southwest Airline story where the carrier bought crude futures to hedge itself while oil prices shot up to that atrocious level of 140? It worked to their advantage on the way up but, unfortunately, it also nearly killed them on the way down.

#11     Jan 11, 2010
  2. Shagi

Shagi

LOL:D

#12     Jan 11, 2010
  3. I dunno about the commercials but the big boyz are about to dump their longs anytime now.

#13     Jan 11, 2010
  4. I'm a new guy to sugar market, but when I applied some TA to the chart on friday, I saw nearly classical topping "rising megaphone" pattern which in my books has a high probability of turning into collapse.
    Disclosure. I missed a downturn in S&P so I now looking to participate in the Sugar plunge. (may buy some silver as a hedge)

#14     Jan 31, 2010
  5. Personally, I would wait until it drops below 28-cents. From September to December, it put in a bull flag. Hence, if you do the math, the target should be between 33 and 35. Anyway, keep us informed on how it goes for you.

BTW screw S&P, ya should have shorted coffee and cocoa! :D

Keep a lookout on OJ as well. It looks pretty week going forward.

#15     Jan 31, 2010
  6. Pepsi's buying the sugar. No seriously, Pepsi is buying the stuff for the launch of the "throwback" Pepsi and Mountain Dew. If the results are good in the US, there could be a tectonic shift in the syrup production that forgoes corn for sugar. That could be some time off though. Also, the drink companies produce Kosher drinks for the Yiddish that bumps the sugar markets in the mid-April timeframe. Keep these things in the forefront of your mind. We're due for a nice pullback in the next couple of weeks, but if there's a positive regime-change in demand...prices could power higher for some time to come.

Be careful with the SB, she's a wild whore, this one.

#16     Jan 31, 2010
  7. Saliva has requested to report results on shorting sugar from friday - so I feel I must do it.

I woke up at 4 am eastern to see the market open. The moment thrust higher failed I shorted. In green so far and NOT giving up on my position anytime soon, unless we penetrate those highs or something.

Cheers

#17     Feb 1, 2010
  8. You've got some balls! :D

The trend is still UP so I can only say good luck and be safe. I'll probably join ya once we break below 28.

#18     Feb 1, 2010
  9. As a failed student of all things Shakespearian, taming the shrew (the fat whore that is) is my specialty. Bang on boys!

#19     Feb 1, 2010
  10. Here she goes, going skinny dipping in the middle of the night. Don't you worry, I'll let the sharks know you are nearby. :D

#20     Feb 3, 2010