Sweden

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by tease, Nov 5, 2007.

1. #12     Feb 9, 2008
  2. lindq

lindq

Please tell, why is it that every Swede speaks English, but there are absolutely no street signs or directions in English?

Coming from any other language, it's impossible to find your way around. Yet you pull into any service station or hotel, or stop any motorist, and you all speak perfect English. But not a single sign.

Very strange. And an excellent way to discourage tourism and overcrowding. :p

#13     Feb 11, 2008
  3. Marten_R

Marten_R

Hehe, don't know but I suppose it could be one way to make tourists discover our perfect English :p

#14     Feb 12, 2008
  4. kalinka

kalinka

Ystad and Estoril,Portugal. Trading Estx and ES, so long
    workingdays!

#15     Feb 12, 2008
  5. Skog

Skog

#16     Feb 12, 2008
  6. Ah man, had to watch it again just today :eek: :p ...

Don't get me wrong...I like Danmark a lot, travel there whenever my schedule allows it... but the sound and pronunciation of this language is just very... unique :D

I've actually started learning Dansk a while ago, might even move to DK.

Hilsen,
    Marsupilami

#17     Feb 12, 2008
  7. ler, eneste fornuftige lisenspenga har gått til å finansiere

#18     Feb 12, 2008
  8. tortoise

tortoise

Really? To almost zero? Tell me more...

I'm getting tired of the U.S. I have relatives in the Gothenberg area (my Dad's family is from Smoland) and I've toyed with the idea of relocating for a bit...

#19     Feb 12, 2008
  9. euribored

euribored

Hi there,

Can I ask the guys living in Copenhagen what and where they trade? Personally I trade Futures in London at the moment, but am looking for a trading firm in Copenhagen with access to LIFFE, Eurex etc. Any ideas guys?

Thanks.

#20     Aug 30, 2008