susquehanna

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by BillKastin, Jan 9, 2007.

1. well put

#11     Jan 10, 2007
  2. zdreg

zdreg

poor judgement not to post immediately or maybe he is trying to play the 2 offers against each other.

#12     Jan 10, 2007
  3. rzepe93

rzepe93

Agreed. Brian Hunter was in the running for a position at SAC and his bonus trading Nat Gas the year before was something like$175mm or $75mm. Pre Aramath blow up of course. Either way if you are getting these offers Congrats and Good Luck.

#13     Jan 10, 2007
  4. Pulease :) If you were for real, this board is about the last place you'd be.

#14     Jan 10, 2007
  5. isaacly

isaacly

susq does about 15% of the options in the market

#15     Jan 10, 2007
  6. Drambuie

Drambuie

I'd go with SAC because it would be easier to get noticed there--in house or from outside.

I wouldn't be surprised if this were true.
    Undergrads land trading assistant jobs at top firms every day with the right pedigree.

GL

#16     Jan 10, 2007
  7. You mean "even undergrads..." He's not.

Incidentally, the OP never said anything about receiving job offers as a "trader." With that degree (from a grad school dear to my heart), most likely, his offers would be in an area such as research, analytics, modeling, FE, etc.

You can never be certain of anything online, but, if I were a betting man, my money would be on "true."

#17     Jan 10, 2007

8. finally, someone with a brain

#18     Jan 10, 2007
  9. This joker really had me going and i was happy for him now I think he maybe just trying to wind people up. What next buddy head of prop at Tudor? (I Know those guys so let me know)

Either that or he misrepresented himself by acting like he had a trading job when all he had was a job somewhere else.

#19     Jan 10, 2007
  10. dr_sean

dr_sean

Can I ask how you got the offer???

I'm applying to SIG for a summer internship...

#20     Feb 9, 2007