suspicious on lows

Discussion in 'Trading' started by OVERtheLINE, Jun 4, 2002.

1. trdrmac

trdrmac

Does anyone think that todays bottom in SMH corresponding with the earlier May bottom in SMH may have triggered a few buy orders?

#11     Jun 5, 2002
  2. I have to agree, there is no "manipulation"...to much CNBC watchers in here. The fact is the funds have buy and sell programs. Right now that is all that is trading, you me and the funds. Most mom and pops are broke...most suite and ties sitting in there office on datek, broke.....so we have efficent markets trading on technicals triggering buy and sell programs...

thus range bound...... we are just developing a lower range, a narrower range for the summer.....no manipulation

#12     Jun 5, 2002
  3. jaiison

jaiison

suspicious on lows

how bout them buyers of semis on the big red candle on the early post of lows, this market is manipulated like a #@^*&^%$

lol...how much, and what, were you short at the time?

#13     Jun 5, 2002
  4. Rigel

Rigel

IMO the funds and the banks may be in the process of positioning for the long-term, so short-term timeframes are hard to read.

#14     Jun 5, 2002
  5. Mike777

Mike777

I don't think it is manipulation but there were clearly buyers in the semis and Naz100 at these levels yesterday (tues).
    ALthough decliners beat advancers, up vol was 1.6 to down in Naz and volume precedes price.
    Also, the biggies in the 100 were green all day even when the index was red so again there was some accumalation going on.
    And finally, overall volume was up.
    Every time this has happened before it has signalled the end of the current down leg, so let's see what happens.
    BTW, I met a MM once and my impression of him was that he couldn't organise a p*ss up in a brewery let alone manipulate a market.
    Cheers
    Mike:D

#15     Jun 5, 2002
  6. If there's anyone out ther manipulating you are not likely to meet them.

And if you do, they won't be sharing any secrets.

Such is the way of the world.

And no, we're not related

#16     Jun 5, 2002
  7. Those supposed 'stealth' buyers are not very happy tonight.

#17     Jun 6, 2002