Suspend "Cash for Clunkers"?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Madison, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Eight

Eight

Cars are just bad, we should not encourage people to have cars. They should not use the wood from the national forests either, or fart, or breathe, or burn any fuel, or smile and laugh and have families, or churches either, cuz atheists are clear thinkers and religious people are muddled.... and the government is here to help us and we aren't experiencing the fourth term of Roosevelt, the second term of Carter and the pre-Monica Lewinsky Clinton years all rolled into one... and Democrats are benevolent dictators, not bad dictators like Bush...

I could go on but then I'd just be going on...

#21     Jul 31, 2009
  2. MattF

MattF

Of course due to this backlog, there will be people who jumped into this program, only to find out they won't be able to get the rebate....nice!

#22     Jul 31, 2009
  3. And of course, we are seeing our Democratic Government with its gears still meshing. Unless somebody steps down (obama, pelosi, reid), this is gonna get a whole lot worse before it gets any better.

Anybody read about this new science czar (John Holdren)? He wrote in a book saying that trees should be able to sue people for damages. This guy is in charge.

Sounds like something from the Onion.com

#23     Jul 31, 2009
  4. Much smaller countries, easier to do and they pay 17% VAT and 45% taxes.

We would need to charge 17% sales tax like in england on goods.

#24     Jul 31, 2009
  5. Well, they could have done a better job than maybe cash for clunkers (if we feel like paying you). If they wanted money in people's hands to spend and invest ASAP, the fastest way is to cut taxes. People's take-home amounts increase instantly.

Yeah, but that way they can't use money from "stimulus" to pay off their favourite interest groups for past and future votes, so what good is that for politicians?

#25     Jul 31, 2009
  6. no. It has nothing to do with high taxes. Those countries are not owned by big business.

A healthy population is detrimental to big pharma, the processed food industry, the medical insurers etc.

If people started to cook healthy food at home, think of all the medication ( caused by obesity and toxic food) they don't need. If people asked for more healthy foods, there will be more smaller organic farms. Entire industries will be out of business.

Guys like monsanto with their monster seeds, mechanized farms. Unlike monsanto and large industrialize farms, small organic farmers do not give campaign donations. It's easy for large corporations to buy influence with corrupt politicians. That's why under bush jr every type of processed garbage was introduced into elementary schools.

plus healthy people are able to think better and will figure out that the earth is NOT 4000 years old and humans did not walk with dinos. Bad news for the crooked politicians or dumb politicians like Palin.

#26     Jul 31, 2009
  7. I am in the process of getting a job at a car dealership. From what I’ve seen this program is huge and very popular. I have a feeling people critisizing it are doing it just because they will critisize anything the government or Obama does. Just like what was said earlier, why is there only a billion for this? Doesn’t that pale in comparison to everything else in the past year? No wonder you people don’t like it, this is a stimulus for Joe the Plummer instead of Jamie the CEO. Here’s a common sense incentive for people to trade in their old gas guzzlers and get something a little more reasonable. Don’t you know that the increased fuel economy will also mean lower prices for the gas that you buy!

The fact is you people will critisize Obama for everything, just like Fox news tells you to. It’s a new program, it’ll have a few glitches in the system. Big F***ing whoop. You people are just like Rush, you want him and America and the government to fail just so your guy might have a chance at winning next time. And I didn’t even vote for him, nor ever would.

#27     Jul 31, 2009
  8. Yea cause tax cuts and reasoning like yours worked great over the past 8 years, I mean look at the great shape our economy is in as a result!

#28     Jul 31, 2009
  9. I now call this site EliteTraitor. Because it's infested with these traitors.

The imbeciles have infested this site and baron loves it. Too bad the advertisers are not aware of the true quality of the site.

#29     Jul 31, 2009
  10. Well then, let's do the opposite and raise taxes to 100%!

Then we can all get free money from the Gov...wait...

#30     Jul 31, 2009