Survey - 77% of College educated Democrats suffer from Milgramism

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jem, Nov 14, 2017.

1. jem

jem

Which statement comes closer to your views, even if neither is exactly right?

Whether someone is a man or a woman is determined by the sex they were assigned at birth

Someone can be a man or a woman even if that is different from the sex they were assigned at birth

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/11/08/transgender-issues-divide-republicans-and-democrats/

The survey also finds that Democrats with a bachelor’s degree or more education are more likely than other Democrats to say a person’s gender can be different from the sex they were assigned at birth. About three-quarters (77%) of Democrats with a bachelor’s degree or more say this, compared with 60% of Democrats with some college and 57% of those with a high school diploma or less. No such divide exists among Republicans.

--
    I note the survey was flawed... gender is not assigned at birth anymore.
    We have dna tests now.
    People are born male or female.

--

I have called the disease Milgramism after this famous study which shows that some people will listen to authority figures no matter what.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment

2. People can be born male and with an identifiable organically female biased brain and vice versa. I'm sure there has been someone born with two dicks, genetic glitches happen. The people they happen to are stuck with them.

You really need to study up on the Milgram experiment :) Before you go too far, some people stick to their first impressions regardless of new/compete information...

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  3. jem

jem

First. of all of course I read up on the Milgram study. I had to because I did not remember his name.

I also just read an article about this female vs male brain differences in some transgenders. I would not take any study of brain differences as definitive unless they could rule out the influence of taking hormones and drugs which aid in the transition.

In short they would have to study transgenders who have never taken hormones or gender drugs.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  4. What defines gender, particular sexual attraction (there are plenty of a/non-sexual people also) is largely down to clusters/bundles of neurons in areas of the brain in part and oxycontin, dopamine etc. do play a part. That is what I know so far (mostly casual Science Daily reading), it is hardly the complete picture yet.

It is good you read up on the Milgram study. It is pretty well known, to the point there is a movie. The army suffers from your Milgramism I expect. :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3726704/

Off for a burger!

5. Sexual attraction does not define gender at all. That is just demonstration of a sexual preference. There are people who are sexually aroused by animals, say a chicken. Are they chickens? Gender is one hundred percent biology. It is well defined and determined before birth. Everything sexual after that is just a preference. Guys can prefer guys, girls can prefer girls, some like both, but that preference has nothing at all to do with gender, not even remotely.

Wallet and Tom B like this.
  6. Wallet

Wallet

To the liberal, there is no absolute truth other than climate change perhaps.

Tom B and CaptainObvious like this.
  7. They identify as the party of intellectuals, and we all know that all you have to do is identify as something and viola, that is what you become.

Wallet likes this.
  8. Preference has nothing to do with gender? Very liberated of you but speak for yourself.

I was born male, I've liked girls from a young age and never had a homosexual thought in my life (despite what Tom B hopes).

If you had to be trained to like girls fine but gender very much related to sexual orientation where I'm from.

exGOPer likes this.
  9. Tom B

Tom B

You are obsessed with me. You keep bringing me up. On the other hand, I couldn't care less whether you live or die. :p

10. The stereotypical reaction to rejection.

#10     Nov 14, 2017