Surprise Surprise - Cali In The Hole $16 Billion

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, May 13, 2012.

1. I moved to Orange County in 1991. Three years later they declared bankruptcy.

Looks like we're headed back there again. This time we won't be alone. Almost every major city and county in California is teetering on the brink.

#11     May 13, 2012
  2. pspr

pspr

They must have some great benefits for their government workers. I wish I had known when I was younger. :D

#12     May 13, 2012
  3. Mercor

Mercor

Force Hollywood to make films in California. Tax their income at 90%, just like the good old days in Hollywood.
    Don't not allow them to use temp workers for their productions. They must keep them on a payroll as full time UNION employees.

Hollywood supports these types of policies for all other businesses. I cant believe any of them would not go along with this policy, after all what's good for the society is most important.

#13     May 13, 2012
  4. absolutely astounding... Mexicans don't pay their taxes I guess. I'm thinking that when the state really, really, really, actually, really cannot pay for all the Mexicans they will leave... if all the other states rebelled and refused to let the Fed bailout California it would be a great thing for the state.

I'm quite sure the politicians are hiding even more funding shortfalls, $16B might be the tip of the iceberg. It has been discovered ten years ago that there is no level of taxation that can pay for just the unfunded pensions at just the state level even if they stopped the day to day expenditures.

#14     May 13, 2012
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Unfortunately the hypocrisy of the leftist knows no bounds.

#15     May 13, 2012
  6. pspr

pspr

It seems even on the brink of collapse the buck keeps continuing to be passed to the next generation. Every government with a plurality of liberals is taking this same path. Collapse may be inevitable as the only way out of the mess. I would like to think otherwise but I don't see any viable solutions being taken. Maybe Achillies belief that financial doom will happen within 5 years is accurate.

#16     May 13, 2012
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

I remember hearing about doom and gloom over our debt situation back when we first hit $1 Trillion. Point being it may go on longer than anyone imagines.
    OTOH it cannot and will not go on forever. Given the debt of most first world countries I'm inclined to think collapse is going to happen sooner than later.

#17     May 13, 2012
  8. California has become a bad movie, just like the ones Hollywood makes. Businesses (and people) are stampeding toward the exits.

http://www.newgeography.com/content...phic,+and+political+commentary+about+places%2

#18     May 13, 2012
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

#19     May 13, 2012
  10. Max E.

Max E.

Start watching this video at 1:10....

"We are now facing a $16 billion hole, not the $9 billion we thought in January," California Gov. Jerry Brown said. "This means we will have to go much further and make cuts far greater than I asked for at the beginning of the year

He later goes on to say the rich In California, have to payEVEN MORE money to fix the budget.....

I honestly cant think of a more decrepit situation than California, its like watching a degenrate gambler at the slot machine, who thinksthat if he is only granted one more spin, he is somehow going to win back ALL of his losses....

All I have to say is, F**K You California...... and Jerry Brown can kiss my ass too.....

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NPc85z9uhJQ?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#20     May 14, 2012