Surprise! Romney Leads By 4 Pts. In Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Oct 18, 2012.

1. jem

jem

538 is the New York Times... leftist poll spin column.
    Silver has a stats package on his P.C. and some pretty charts.
    He is missing the most important trends in these polls.

Anyone who understands internals and what that means for the eventual turnout would be harping on 3 things.

a. Romney is seen to have 10 to 20 point leads with independents
    b. Some Polls are showing more Dems are going to cross lines than Rs.
    c. Dem enthusiasm is down.

#21     Oct 19, 2012
  2. This election is beginning to remind me of the Carter-Reagan contest in 1980. Various polls had carter leading, but I know for a fact that Carter's internal polling indicated by the week before the election that he would lose.

I would watch the Clintons carefully as tells. If they start acting weird, you can assume the internals are not looking good.

#22     Oct 19, 2012
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

Hey, we eventually agree!:

1. Ohio
    2. Florida
    3. Virginia

Everything else, (like registered voters or females or voters in Texas), is bullshit. One only needs to poll in these 3 states...

Sabermetrics FTW (of 538):

"Final projections of 2008 election

In the final update of his presidential forecast model at midday of November 4, 2008, Silver projected a popular vote victory by 6.1 percentage points for Barack Obama and electoral vote totals of 349 (based on a probabilistic projection) or 353 (based on fixed projections of each state). Silver's predictions matched the actual results everywhere except in Indiana and the 2nd congressional district of Nebraska, which awards an electoral vote separately from the rest of the state. His projected national popular vote differential was below the actual figure of 7.2 points.

The forecasts for the Senate proved to be correct for every race."

#23     Oct 19, 2012
  4. Incorrect.

The only things that matter are:

1. Polls that favor obama.
    2. intrade
    3. AK 01's opinion.

That's all you need to know.

#24     Oct 19, 2012
  5. Most polls,intrade, nor AK thought McCain would beat Obama,John Wesnik did though

#25     Oct 19, 2012
  6. How much of your time did you spend looking for that? That's a little weird, don't you think?

I can admit I was wrong, probably based on hope more than anything.

#26     Oct 19, 2012
  7. pspr

pspr

But AK is like a broken clock. Even he is right once in a while but not the vast majority of the time. His time is up on this one.

#27     Oct 19, 2012
  8. jem

jem

as I am sure you are noticing with Hillary falling on her sword and jetting to South America and this video which max posted on aother thread.

What else is this if not a tell... Romney says its not fixed vote for me. The guy was crying cause he knows its not fixed.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OeBCWLGoJb0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#28     Oct 19, 2012
  9. Less then 2 minutes.2 minutes to prove you know very little about the subjects you post about isnt weird at all

#29     Oct 19, 2012
  10. From the fucking idiot (pspr )who said the birther thing would get Obama out of office,that The SC would overturn Obamacare,that fast and furious would be Obamas watergate etc

#30     Oct 19, 2012