Surprise rate cut Monday...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by capmac, Jun 6, 2008.

1. gnome

gnome

I dunnnoooo... they been snowing us for years and mostly we didn't catch on yet..

#11     Jun 6, 2008
  2. Mvic

Mvic

The $ is in a very precarious position here, cut and it will sink further and hello $5 gas. Foreign banks are going to start hiking, at the same time they are going to be forced to get more aggresive with $ intervention but they won't do that if the US cuts (and see Bullard's comments just now, doesn't look like a Fed that can cut).

#12     Jun 6, 2008
  3. At the risk of over using this emoticon today, I bid all of you farewell with this:

[​IMG][​IMG]

#13     Jun 6, 2008
  4. Look how strong the market has been since Benny started cutting rates..

OUCH!

#14     Jun 6, 2008
  5. dsq

dsq

cut rates and watch oil go limit up again!!!

#15     Jun 6, 2008
  6. capmac

capmac

1% rate cut Monday morning....

:p

#16     Jun 20, 2008
  7. S2007S

S2007S

He is out of rate cuts, any lower and you will see greater inflation and skyrocketing commodity prices like were seeing now. There is nothing he can do now, you can only cut rates so far and open the discount window so many times. Whats next? The only thing that is going to fix this market is TIME. I have said this numerous times that rate cuts were not the answer to this problem. Until housing starts to fix itself, energy prices come down, credit crisis eases etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, stocks will continue to drop.

#17     Jun 20, 2008
  8. I see Dow 0k soon.
    Yep, Dow near zero.
    GM & GE: penny stocks.

#18     Jun 20, 2008
  9. You have been explained equally numerous times that the Fed could care less what the stock market does. The Fed's job is not to fix stock markets, they are interested in keeping the banking and credit system working.

When will you understand that these are two different things?

#19     Jun 20, 2008
  10. offbyone

offbyone

You are correct in saying that the Fed's job is not to fix the stock market, but that doesn't mean that they are doing their job properly.

#20     Jun 20, 2008