Surprise...Canadians becoming more conservative

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Kassz007, Jun 8, 2011.

1. :confused:

Are you being sarcastic? Why on Earth do we need a nuclear weapons program? I am far more content to reap the economic benefits of mining and producing the uranium alone.

#21     Jun 8, 2011

2. Agreed.

Correct, universal healthcare does not equal better healthcare. But it does equal cheaper healthcare. Again, cost/benefit. As to the new Obamacare style system in the USA, I can't comment as I have not kept up with specifics. The cost/benefit trade-off in that instance very well may be a poor one.

In my opinion, the best option would be a sort of hybrid system, where everyone receives care on the taxpayers dime, but those who wish to expedite the process or receive special care have the option to do so by paying more money.

I doubt you would feel the same way if you were that 80 year old granny.

#22     Jun 8, 2011
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

someone say smaller government and lower taxes? Where do I sign up?

#23     Jun 8, 2011
  4. Ricter

Ricter

I'm not being sarcastic (this time). Canada is little more than "kid brother" without nukes.

#24     Jun 8, 2011
  5. hopefully you do understand that if this kind of thing were proposed by obama it would be republicans screaming"death panels" again?

#25     Jun 8, 2011
  6. Max E.

Max E.

Almost reminds me of this video the democrats created of Paul Ryan "throwing grandma off a cliff" Which came out when republicans tried to cut medicare spending.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OGnE83A1Z4U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#26     Jun 8, 2011
  7. republicans arent trying to cut medicare spending. they are trying to eliminate medicare and force old people to buy private insurance from a market that does not exist. big difference.

#27     Jun 8, 2011
  8. So be it. We don't need nukes, it's a gigantic cost that will in all likelihood never get used.

We've done just fine up until this point with a comparitevly puny (yet incredibly tough) military.

#28     Jun 8, 2011