Surprise...Canadians becoming more conservative

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Kassz007, Jun 8, 2011.

1. You see that's the catch. The USA healthcare system only works for people with loads of cash. The average joe wants to be taken care of at a fraction of the cost. Hence the Canadian system.

#11     Jun 8, 2011
  2. How would that be more telling? Most of the population of Canada lives within a reasonable distance of the border anyways. And of course people with tons of cash would head to the USA for a major procedure. You can get the job done quicker, there's no denying that. But it's a cost/benefit relationship, same as anything. The reality is, people want to be taken care of when they're sick, and not have to lose their home because of it. Most people do not have loads of disposable income.

#12     Jun 8, 2011
  3. ============
    Growing conservative trends USA, Canada, thank Jesus;
    not that gov should play a major role in safety & security. Wow ,those that depend on the gov for a major role in safety/security are in for a rude awaking:D

President Ronald Reagan said federal gov is not the solution;
    its the problem:D . God bless the US post office for thier recent ''Ronald Reagan forever stamp''

#13     Jun 8, 2011
  4. I think the safety/security aspect refers to military and police.

#14     Jun 8, 2011
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Bad news for Gabfly

#15     Jun 8, 2011
  6. Max E.

Max E.

Which means more good news for Canada. :D

#16     Jun 8, 2011
  7. Ricter

Ricter

I'd rather see our taxes go up, just far enough to pay for a nuclear weapons program.

#17     Jun 8, 2011
  8. jem

jem

if our taxes were were to decrease and govt were to shrink... you could get me to be fine with no govt sanction of marriage. Let it be a private matter.

of course health care contains cost benefit trade offs. I just think the ones we are making now suck and we should not think govt health care means better health care. I am concerned... giving govt more control over our lives is not going to work out in the long run.

There are plenty of easier more useful reforms like increasing competition and creating larger more powerful buyers groups.

We also need to ration taxpayer supplied health care.

We cant keep spending billions keeping premies alive who were spontaneously aborted just because we can. We have to look at outcomes... we have to acknowledge the fact that if people want extraordinary medical care they should pay cash or have private insurance.

We cant hand out 10000 to 20000 dollar new hips to 80 something year olds who are too weak to move around much anyway. Again if grannie wants a new hip let her pay for it or have insurance.

#18     Jun 8, 2011
  9. Max E.

Max E.

If our taxes were to decrease and govt was to shrink you could probably get me to dance a goddamn jig in the middle of times square. :D

#19     Jun 8, 2011
  10. jem

jem

me too.

#20     Jun 8, 2011