Surf's Special Situation Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by marketsurfer, Aug 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Think its a buy here, Black?

[​IMG]

#41     Aug 9, 2012
  2. Here is the US trade: Thanks for the heads up black. Looks attractive, but I lack intel on it, so I am not stepping in. You own?

[​IMG]

#42     Aug 9, 2012
  3. Biggest shareholder of SC is the govt of Singapore

#43     Aug 9, 2012
  4. TheBlackHand

TheBlackHand Guest

Naa Im not in. I only have a F&O account at the moment. Ive been looking to open an account for cash equity products for a while - mostly for yield.

This thread caught my eye though and it makes sense. Ive lost count of the number of times Ive seen special situations and thought if only I had an equity account.... woulda should coulda...

I transfer a block of capital every qtr from the F&O account. End of Sept, I'm gunna do it - thanks for the push/thread.

As for SC:

1. Theres not much to know other than the basics... your bloomberg will tell you all there is to know.

2. Looks like the quick money has already got on board. Any edge left?

3. Theres talk of them losing their banking license, so there could be another chance. SC are too systematically important for that to happen - especially over a few mill from Iran.

#44     Aug 9, 2012
  5. Our price driver system has identified another special situation.

JC Penney JCP has set up to be an ideal short right now. We have entered SHORT at 23.55 and 23.60. This one is GOING DOWN--infoarb indicates major downside pressure on the dinosaur retailer.... stay tuned...

just in case my timing is off, I will average in 2 additional times if needed.

surf

#45     Aug 10, 2012
  6. traderchi128

traderchi128 Guest

Surf tends to talk about price drivers getting him into a position before the moves....(not at the end of moves like TA guys). In this case it seems he is beyond late to the party. If his price drivers were good at recognizing a move, wouldn't they have gotten him into JCP way before? Seems to me like any price drivers went into affect a long time ago as the stock has gotten decimated. Trend following/PA guys have probably been short this one for a while.

On a side note....nice trade in KCG. Taking .70 on a 2.40 stock is a helluva trade.

Strange though.....it seems that the KCG trade is completely different from this one. You are an odd bird at times Surf.

#46     Aug 10, 2012
  7. Yeah! Price Driver nails it again-- Gap down in JCP--holding

surf

#47     Aug 13, 2012
  8. Special Situation #3 Price Driver short triggered

Short DJIA YM sept, 13160

:D :D

surf

#48     Aug 13, 2012
  9. Closed special situation #3 with 60 YM points @13080--

Holding special situation # JCP short-- $20 is the word here--

surf

#49     Aug 13, 2012
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Surf, how was that short in the Dow a "special situation"? LOL. It was a good trade, but a special situation? :)

#50     Aug 13, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.