Surf's Special Situation Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by marketsurfer, Aug 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBlackHand

TheBlackHand Guest

Like W Buffett you mean? :)

#31     Aug 7, 2012
  2. Surfers, we are going to dump the KCG position here at $3.10 with a .70 gain. analysis and what I am getting back from infoarb is making me nervous to hold------

FLAT and waiting for the next special situation.

surf

#32     Aug 7, 2012
  3. traderchi128

traderchi128 Guest

I am busting Surf's balls. Calling him a buy and hold guy is like calling Mav a democrat. Is lethal.

#33     Aug 8, 2012
  4. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

good trade.

#34     Aug 8, 2012
  5. Fah Q

Fah Q

i don't understand, price drivers didn't see this move coming to the downside? isn't that the whole point of price drivers, they see or anticipate large moves based on news, insiders selling etc etc etc etc? were there no short signals on, say, July 17th?

#35     Aug 8, 2012
  6. Thanks. :D

#36     Aug 8, 2012
  7. TheBlackHand

TheBlackHand Guest

Take a look at Standard Chartered Bank.

The shares puked on news they are being investigated for laundering boat loads of Iranian money by wire stripping between Iran, London & NY.

The bank have owned up to $9m which is a small amount against the totals claimed by the regulators.

Either way, in the long term, I dont see this damaging SC much. A fine maybe. So what?....

#37     Aug 8, 2012
  8. No, never saw it coming. But we knew long had the odds despite all the negativity. Just look at the flack in this thread.

Obviously, price driver doesn't catch every move all the time. In fact it misses most moves-- but when it fires , there are strong odds of success.

#38     Aug 8, 2012
  9. Interesting, thanks! Does it trade as an ADR?

#39     Aug 8, 2012
  10. TheBlackHand

TheBlackHand Guest

No idea. Probably. Although not well known in the US or Europe, it's a massive investment bank - inside the top 50 by size. UK based, but most of its customer base is in the East - old colonial types.

#40     Aug 9, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.