Surf's Special Situation Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by marketsurfer, Aug 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This journal is meant to continue our work from the surf report and surf report part 2.

As you know, traders were recently presented a special situation with Knight Capital--- we saw the situation set up, posted the trade prior to the fact and have profited handsomely in a strongly positive odds entry with limited downside. You can see the record here

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=3589156#post3589156

As demonstrated, We wait for special situations before entering trades therefore trading recorded here will be not on a regular timeline. We wait patently, then ponce on special situations. Obviously not every entry will be a winner but every entry will have strong odds of success and a huge positive expectancy, otherwise we stand aside. We trade stocks futures and currencies in an agnostic fashion driven purely by opportunistic special situations. I'm not here to argue with you or debate the facts. If your system works, demonstrate it before the fact in your on journal. Otherwise it's just woulda coulda shoulda
    With charts of the past. It has no value.

We don't believe in TA other than to describe what happened and to pinpoint entries-- after the price drivers/ book( stocks) special situation has determined directional odds therefore our bias for the entry. What we are presenting is entirely new to publication--- enjoy the journey! From iPad on boat, so forgive spelling and missing letters. Thanks! Now back to the fish,,,,,,

Surf:)

2. We? How many of you are there?

3. Just my quant and I is " we" in this instance.

4. Me, my quant and Irene :D

5. I love special situations.

I saw your alert on KCG.......

Special situations can make huge money.

• kcg.jpg
      File size:
      52.2 KB
      Views:
  6. traderchi128

traderchi128 Guest

It's not a good call until he gets out of the trade. He's long KCG from 2.50 and 2.00 bucks or so. Once he gets out profitable all awards and medals will be handed out..

7. traderchi128

traderchi128 Guest

DAVID FABER DAVID FABER ‏@DavidFaberCNBC

Knight Capital gets $400M from four firms through conv pref offering. Conversion price is $1.50 a share, but firm will be saved.

8. Daal

Daal

I'm sure surfer will say he sold all his stock at the close on friday. It will gap down at least 50% tomorrow and I'm being conservative here

9. Looks like he'll only lose 0.50 to 1.00 per share - heck, that's not too bad for a Surfer trade!

10. :D

We will see!

Surf

#10     Aug 5, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.