Surf's last year (2011) predictions

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Pekelo, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

2. Your NFLX prediction was shit. You immediately took 25 handles in heat and it has yet to trade under $79.

3-4% on your SPX position and we went 12% higher. This is somehow a win?

GRPN call was spot on. You have Rodney on ignore, yet....

#12     Apr 30, 2012
  3. Having a person on ignore, and not ignoring him, is not really an ignore.

Put him back on or actually ignore him. :)

With that said, I`m going to ignore this thread. :p

#13     Apr 30, 2012
  4. No, it wasn't. GRPN is hard-to-borrow, and you're enough of an options guru to understand how that affects the math.

If he'll call a decline in a borrowable stock -- and there are thousands to choose from -- I'll give him credit.

#14     Apr 30, 2012
  5. So it's officially settled that Rodney was a holdover sockpuppet of Marketsurfer's?

#15     Apr 30, 2012
  6. Well the synthetic was about a buck under cash. I think that one can be construed as accurate. The SPX call was no call at all.

#16     Apr 30, 2012
  7. Daal

Daal

GRPN also has SSFs. It was expensive but quite easy to short

#17     Apr 30, 2012
  8. Can he provide us with short picks that are <i>not</i> dependent on expensive or impossible borrows? There are thousands of tickers to choose from...

#18     May 1, 2012
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Little Pecker, by his own admission, delivers pizzas and plays the ukelele in hotel bars.

He has a long history here on ET of disastrous paper trades.

#19     May 1, 2012
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

Reading comprehension. I did say it is going to be an interesting ride down, and sure it was. :)

I never said it was going down in a straight line. Had you put even money on the predictions, GRPN made up for the heat on NFLX. And NFLX is only at 80? I didn't say it would get to 50 by May, did I? So give it time, probably by the next earnings report.

The market prediction is for the end of the year, so stop crying this early, and anyway, I acknowledged it went higher than I thought it would.

But feel free to make 3 predictions, we can treat this thread as the predictions for 2012. I didn't want to just criticize Surf's predictions, that's why I included mine.

Surf, you are an idiot. The prediction was excellent, nobody said it was very tradable.

Now I looked up your 5 predictions, I think 2 out of the 5 were on the money, the other 3 either wrong or didn't move much...

#20     May 1, 2012