Surfing w/win2000

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Nicodemus, Nov 22, 2001.

1. This is not related to trading so if I am out of line I guess this will be deleted. Win 2000 is wonderful as far as my trading software goes but when I start surfing the web, downloading, etc. for an hour or so, my systems starts slowing down until it stalls. I'm sure its my settings and I'm hoping someone here can give me a quick answer. tia

2. I sometimes have similar problem when I am running scans with RT open. Also mine tends to hang when closing or restarting. Pain in the rear.

3. Magna

Magna Administrator

Interesting, and I thought it was definitely my hardware (which it still might be). After a while in Win2000 there's almost a latency, a pause if you will, before something executes. It could be the starting of a program, a complex task within a program, a display of an image, a video, etc. Popped my case open, put my ear next to my HD, heard a noise I am not familiar with, had a spare HD so duped everything over and now I'm running on the "spare". Will be most curious to see if the latency problem rears it's head again (hasn't for the last hr in Win2000), or whether the hardware switch did the trick. Somehow I doubt it.