surfers $$ journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by marketsurfer, Apr 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SURF ALERT___

stepping in here SHORT YM @ 11314 cash DJIA @ 11272

SHORT OIL @ 71.16

feeling the pain of the $$ long. still not ready to throw in the towel. holding here with some trepidation, but trusting analysis still.

surfer

#31     Apr 18, 2006
  2. this appears to me to be a classic historical situation in both the DJIA and OIL. holding shorts at this time.

pain is growing in dollar longs, but analysis still says SHORT. holding.

surfer:)

#32     Apr 18, 2006
  3. the final thrust of the euro against the dollar continues to hammer home the pain of being too early on the entry. still holding, following analysis that may be proved wrong very soon.....

surferrrr

#33     Apr 18, 2006
  4. can u tell us where da analysys on da $ possible strenght cud come from[?]

fed's nearnin' to cycle end...deficit baloonin'n'spendin' trough da roof...ehmm not very bullish for da green innit[?]

can u explain[?]
    thx

#34     Apr 18, 2006
  5. I say you should chuck your analysis in Victor's trash can and let the "Force" be with you. Don't fight it Luke Surfwalker.
    I know this chart is the Euro FX but you can't argue with the strength . . . then again you would argue with God but the chart speaks for itself.

I know we don't agree . . . on anything or like each other but I do hate to see you eat 200 pips just because you are stubborn.

#35     Apr 18, 2006
  6. sarketmurfer,

Hello thar Mr Good$$! How's life, the wife and children on the eastern seaboard these days?

Now, that the formalities are dispensed with, let's talk business. I know you're all about making $$ for your clients, and have delved into the currency market of late, and oil. Which I'm sure provide excellent bang for the buck.

I realize you abandoned NQ for the YM sometime ago, and wisely so. What I really want to ask is, why you havn't considered the Russell 2000 for index trading purpose, or have you? Dave at $10.00 per tick and an average range of 8-10 points per day, today knocked off over 20, this is an AWESOME contract to trade. I believe with your index system and using strict discipline, this can be a MONSTER, there is some very serious $$ to be banked.

Compare the ES, NQ, YM at $50.00, $20.00, and $5.00 per point vs. $100 per on ER2. The average daily range on each lately is ES = 11 = $550, NQ = 25 = $500, YM = 95 = $475, ER2 = 9 = $900. Taking into consideration one never catches the full point range daily in anything. One half of the range in the ER2 is equivalent to nearly the full range in every other index, isn't this worth some consideration? The only drawback I can see vs. YM is margin, it being rougly 2/3 of the ER2. Intraday depending on where your trading may be comparable.

Liquidity isn't a problem either I don't believe, trades around 100K per day easy, and well over. Slippage at times may be a factor, as in anything. It hasn't been any problem on my end. I limit in and market in, with stop limit, stop market, and market. My size is usually 3-6, have done 8-10 rarely with no problem, and see size much larger.

Just thought I'd toss it to you, to mull over. I have benefitted from your sharing in the past.

Hang in there!
    Good Trading to You!
    Blessing to You and Yours!

Kelly

#36     Apr 18, 2006

7. believe it or not, i actually enjoy your writings and have nothing against you or your methods other than the claims of perfection & showing that idealized record on your site to build your credibility. other than that, you seem like an ok guy.

best,

surfer

#37     Apr 18, 2006

8. hey kelly,

all is well here, thanks for asking. yes, the russell is a fine tradign vehicle and i have been told multiple times to try the system on it---- thanks for the suggestion!

just hanging out on the east coast, waiting for summer to return !

all the best,

surfer

#38     Apr 18, 2006
  9. well, it looks like the drawdown may continue today in the positions. the main thing to keep in mind when trading like this is position sizing is critical. one needs to be able to safely withstand adverse movement since its impossible to time exactly.

the trades were early, but i am still confident of positive results.

holding here,

surfer

#39     Apr 19, 2006
  10. #40     Apr 19, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.