surfers $$ journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by marketsurfer, Apr 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. First, you don't believe in trends, then you trade them, and now you trade against them. It must get expensive having all those mouths to feed.

#11     Apr 17, 2006
  2. Trading is about making money....trend trading, counter trend trading, momo...market making. We traders have many tools to help us conquer the game and very few rely upon just one.

#12     Apr 17, 2006
  3. well said. the dog just does not understand---not sure why he keeps barking about the trend thing.

surfer

#13     Apr 17, 2006
  4. Of course. However, surfer has gone out of his way to question the very existence of trends in his previous threads. Therefore, it would seem rather counterintuitive trading either with or against something that, according to his "trend" threads, does not even exist. If you are going to quote what I wrote, then please take a moment to read it first.

Have a look at marketsurfer's first post on this thread wherein he used an alias because he had been banned for a spell (going by the name of hank rollins):

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showt...20&perpage=6&highlight=shattered&pagenumber=1

Then, look at his last 2 posts on the second page of that thread. It just goes from bad to worse.

#14     Apr 17, 2006

5. you are constantly taking things out of context to fit an agenda of some sort. don't you have some books to file??

surfer

#15     Apr 17, 2006
  6. That is usually the excuse of someone who paints himself into a corner with his own vacuity. However, I commend the playful irony of your reference to context and agenda.

And while I'm "filing books" (huh?), you would do well to actually read one.

#16     Apr 17, 2006
  7. holding shorts in eur.usd .

surfer

#17     Apr 17, 2006
  8. I guess Ill never learn to keep my mouth shut. Sorry Surf.:mad:

#18     Apr 17, 2006
  9. LOL, easy! no problem--- the dog is attracted to any controversy, i am use to it by now. one of the inherent characteristics of the net.

holding shorts here.

surfer

#19     Apr 17, 2006
  10. When it comes back down surf...where will you get out?, if I may ask?....at least your interest positive with a substantial quanity...

I do not want to say too much or stress you, but this might be an escape at BE play and you will just pocket the interest...

Your software seems interesting...I think it was a good probability but it is interesting how it picked the spot it did to get in...

Folks if the trend were to be valid...it would be in Forex before equities, due to the nature of the thing...You have got banks and entire countries validating support and resistance..instead of a microcosm of news about some CEO moving to the Bahama's

Michael B.

#20     Apr 17, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.